Helmet Mohawks... Hate It or Love It?

villhelmromero

I had a huge mohawk in high-school like 10" high or somthing. in retrospect it was really stupid. and I think the helmet Mohawks are equally, if not more stupid. it's not mad max out there (yet).

MikeC

Weekend Rider
also Hate. Why?!

I do like those themed helmets though, like Iron man, or cookie monster, or panda head. BWAHAH.

alexk

Weekend Rider
<RANT>

I will admit though, what really gets my hackles up is when I see people with metal spikes glued to their helmets.

From an owner's safety standpoint, they've added items that will more likely catch on the road/etc in a collision, add force aggregation points to compromise the shell in a collision.

From a fellow rider's standpoint... I just want to scream. Those spikes are weapons attached to a safety device. Should you accidentally bump me, I'm going to be in a hell of a lot more pain.

Please people, if you do choose to wear a mohawk (its your head, do what you want to it), for the love of all things wheeled, make sure it's a brush-type and not a series of metal spikes.
</RANT>

lance2448

As much as they set off my Squid Radar.....they seem to serve a purpose.

They stand out. A lot. So much that drivers notice you and think "What a d-bag"

Meanwhile, they're less likely to run into you since they just {unintentionally} thought about your presence. I think for city riding, they stand out more than a vest or some reflectors would in a lot of circumstances.

With that said, I'd probably not wear one.