Hello from Sunny Florida

specops13

My name is Dave. I do weapons testing for a number of AR-15 Manufacturers.
I write on AR15.COM.

I'm 59, had 37 bikes scattered over 45 years. Currently own a 1989 VMax, a 1994 VMax, a 2005 Harley Sportster and now a 2011 FZ8. By far the best handling Bike I've ever owned.

I've worked in shops and in my garage for many of those years although bikes haven't been my main line of work.

Hope this forum can get rolling as much as the vmaxforum.net that I'm a member of, I've made a lot of lifetime friends there and hope to here.

Dave

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Hello There, I am jealous you get to shoot guns for a living? sunny florida?
Sounds like your a lucky man. Glad to hear im not the only old guy riding a fz8
Welcome from Utah

specops13

Thank You both for the Welcome.

A FOG who shoots guns, rides motorcycles, lives in Florida and is married to a Supportive and Wonderful Wife knows just how lucky he is... :)

Dave

Last edited:

BeachinFZ8

Hi Specops13,

I'm on the other side of the bay from you in StPete. I'm gettin' up there myself - I'll be 45 in June. Glad to see there's another FZ8 on the roads in the bay area and piloted by another seasoned rider to boot!

I know out past Tampa there starts to be some good roads with twisties for riding. Over in St.Pete the only twisties I have are the on-off ramps for I-275 and the only hills are draw bridges! Would love any suggestions for some good day rides you might know of.

kbrink

Hey man, glad to see ya made it onto the other (slightly more active) fz8 forum!
:welcome:

impostor1981

Welcome and hello from cold and and windy UK

Would you let me test some weapons, I ve got some experience with that, hours spent on MW2 nad BF3 ;p

specops13

Thanx for the welcomes. BeachinFZ8, PM Sent.....

I could use the help testing some of what I'm currently doing. Unfortunately, the manufacturers I work with will only accept me and my hand selected team... All of us are being fried, keeping up with new developements... Combination of: :-( and :)

Last edited:

glockman39

My name is Dave. I do weapons testing for a number of AR-15 Manufacturers.
I write on AR15.COM.

I'm 59, had 37 bikes scattered over 45 years. Currently own a 1989 VMax, a 1994 VMax, a 2005 Harley Sportster and now a 2011 FZ8. By far the best handling Bike I've ever owned.

I've worked in shops and in my garage for many of those years although bikes haven't been my main line of work.

Hope this forum can get rolling as much as the vmaxforum.net that I'm a member of, I've made a lot of lifetime friends there and hope to here.

Dave
Another Tampa Bay resident. Outstanding.

AR-15 testing, eh? I'm a Colt certified AR-15 armorer, and an HK armorer, and a Glock armorer, and a Remington armorer, and a Smith & Wesson armorer. My plan is to go into business for myself when I retire from Law Enforcement.

Where did you purchase your bike? Bought mine at Barney's. Bought the last three bikes there.

glockman39

Hi Specops13,

I'm on the other side of the bay from you in StPete. I'm gettin' up there myself - I'll be 45 in June. Glad to see there's another FZ8 on the roads in the bay area and piloted by another seasoned rider to boot!

I know out past Tampa there starts to be some good roads with twisties for riding. Over in St.Pete the only twisties I have are the on-off ramps for I-275 and the only hills are draw bridges! Would love any suggestions for some good day rides you might know of.
45 isn't old...is it? I'm pushing 41, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

I'm also in Pinellas County, and there are some twisty roads around Safety Harbor, at least twisty for this place.

Has anyone thought of putting together an FZ8 riding club in this area if there isn't one already?