Hel Brake lines

Mint

Hi all, I got these cool Hel brake lines from Santa, so thought I would try and post some pics.
I had Hel lines on my CBR6, so I knew what to expect, and I was not disappointed. I had them fitted before my Christmas dinner was ready, and I am more than happy with how they look. I haven’t really had a chance to try them out , as its been too hot to go out on the bike, unless I go out without my gear on cos its been 40deg here for the last 3 days, but they feel great stationary.
I got them from a shop I had dealt with before (Superbike Supply), over in Queensland, they were not cheap @$190 AUD, but they were as cheap as the Hel brake lines from the U.S. advertised on Ebay....although you can get other brands cheaper on ebay, but I was not as familiar with them, so decided to stick with what I know. Hardest decision was choosing a colour, whether to go bold and show them off , or play it cool ....I went with Subtle, and chose Smoked Carbon lines , with Gold Fittings, and I am well pleased about how they look. Adding some pics, so hopefully they do them justice.:)

Mint

Looks good, I love that carbon fender.

Thanks, it does look pretty good....not a fake either, excellent quality. I only bought it because I stupidly reversed my bike out of the garage with the disc lock on and took a huge chunk out of the original one. Found this online advertised for FZ1, but a wee bit of research turned up that they are the same.
Weighs nothing and fitted perfectly :)

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Less than half of the price of the Yamaha one....and was delivered in about 3 days. :)

jess24845030

Thanks, it does look pretty good....not a fake either, excellent quality. I only bought it because I stupidly reversed my bike out of the garage with the disc lock on and took a huge chunk out of the original one. Found this online advertised for FZ1, but a wee bit of research turned up that they are the same.
Weighs nothing and fitted perfectly :)

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Less than half of the price of the Yamaha one....and was delivered in about 3 days. :)

thats a very useful bit of info that the fz1 front fender fits . thankyou

would be really good to get a carbon front and rear hugger

mckshred

Speigler Brake Lines + Install and Bleed vids

Just in case you want to change to stainless, here's a set of vids that show it clearly.

Spiegler Yamaha FZ8 11-12 Rear Brake Line Kit from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I've been thinking about stainless steel brake lines...anyone try these Speigler Lines? Got any opinions?

7/2013: Lines are installed now. Immediately noticed the improvement, especially in front. Better action and feel. Will do this to every bike I get moving forward.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Just in case you want to change to stainless, here's a set of vids that show it clearly.

Spiegler Yamaha FZ8 11-12 Rear Brake Line Kit from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I've been thinking about stainless steel brake lines...anyone try these Speigler Lines? Got any opinions?

My mate has them on his V-Max. He loves them. I think most aftermarket, decent quality s/s, kevlar, etc brake lines are as good as each other. You will not notice much of a difference between them on the street.