heated gloves

reALIGNed

Does anyone have some good info. or recommendations for heated gloves? My wife is in search for a pair,... they need to be thin for motorcycling, most out there are for winter events and are bulky. Cost is not an issue.
Or would heated grips be more effective?
The reason we're in this search, is she has "raynauds", (google), and needs the heat, even at temps as low as 60* F.

Last edited:

shadowman

I have a pair of +Venture heated gloves, very similar to these:
(I'm assuming mine are an older model)

12V Heated Motorcycle Gloves by VentureHeat

They plug into my heated jacket liner:

12V Heated Jacket Liner by VentureHeat

I love this system. It really extends the riding season for us guys in Canada and the northern US.
The liner has 4 settings on it, it heats up immediately, and it feels like you're wrapped in an electric blanket. I've only ridden once when it was so cold, that I had it set on "high".
It's kind of funny, but the gloves never feel really hot, like the liner can, but my hands have never been cold. My legs and feet are my limiting factors now, but I can certainly ride a whole lot farther, and in much colder weather than I could without it.

I

shizean

Gerbings heated gloves

I've been really happy with my Gerbings. The newer Microwire models work really well, and don't feel odd in any way. Mine are wired directly to the battery and I have no problems.

These gloves put out an incredible amount of heat. It's easy to turn them up to the maximum level and really start to sweat. The controller (not included with the gloves, unfortunately) is a constant rotary knob, so the level can be adjusted to meet the wearer's specific needs.

Overall I really like them. They were somewhat pricey, considering the gloves and controller (and even the little pouch with a clip that allows the controller to clip to your clothes) are all sold separately. Still, with the lifetime guarantee, I don't think you'll go wrong.

TheDogsWeed

Second Gerbing gloves. I have the G3 Heated Gloves, here. They are a little bulky, but I have ridden in temps well below freezing, teens. I also had a low speed (25 - 30mph) crash with them in December and it didn't even scratch them. Gerbing also makes glove liners that may work better, here, for warmer weather riding.

RoadKill

been using the Gerbings G3's all winter. they are awesome. but if you want to ride in the 20's you need to get the more expensive models.