Headlight Mod

K-Gr.

Hi.

As far as I love my bike, I am glad that when riding I do not see the headlight. It is, in my opinion, by far the worst looking part of the bike (yes, exhaust included!).

Do you know any mods one can do to it? Headlamps from other bikes, custom lights, fairing modification, etc etc ?
If you did anything to yours, show it here please!:)

I kinda liked what this guy did
http://www.779cc.org/forum/bikes-parts-sale/344-a.html
but there is no way this is legal in Europe :/ (lamps need to be factory fitted with HIDs to be street legal)

hypo

I am ITCHING to find something like this stuff... with a more Decepticon slant to it...

Fairings & Headlight Masks. StreetFighters Inc. One stop shopping for Motorcycle, Sportbike & StreetFighter Fairings.

K-Gr.

I have seen this FZ1 before. Looks sick. Funny thing is, this guy replaced this "mask" with... FZ8 headlight :) Seriously!

minja714

I have seen this FZ1 before. Looks sick. Funny thing is, this guy replaced this "mask" with... FZ8 headlight :) Seriously!

lol, i wonder though... what is the light output of these things. they sure do give the bike a different personality. menacing.

K-Gr.

Probably very poor. With HID - it might even work, but having a non factory HID in Europe is almost in every case illegal. I wold like to do some long runs on my FZ, so a headlight that illuminates a road is a must.

Any more ideas or mods?

teemo

Besides actually buying a speed triple.. what would it take to do a headlight conversion to those dualies? Really like the look of the rounded headlights. I bet it would mean more wind coming into the chest though...

K-Gr.

Triumph mounts their headlamps (and gauges) to the frame, not to fork or triples. So having exactly the same looks would be very tricky.
Double round headlamps mounted to fork are quite common though... But i don't see them fit FZ8 looks. On the other hand, The 2012 Speed/Street 3pl lamps should match the whole... But mounting them would again be tricky...

hypo

no, they have some really trick mounting kits... you just gotta make sure your measurements are spot on.

teemo

Triumph mounts their headlamps (and gauges) to the frame, not to fork or triples. So having exactly the same looks would be very tricky.
Double round headlamps mounted to fork are quite common though... But i don't see them fit FZ8 looks. On the other hand, The 2012 Speed/Street 3pl lamps should match the whole... But mounting them would again be tricky...

Didn't know that.. interesting!

teemo

no, they have some really trick mounting kits... you just gotta make sure your measurements are spot on.

I like that.. but are those headlights bright at all? Or is this just for looks? Also.. where did you find this specific kit?

C

calscrazy

i had them on the monster. they screwed right into the factory ducati mounts. they were better than the big round one duc had. prob be a little better than fz8 factory just not sure how much.

H

Hoover

I had them on my Bandit and my buddy has them on his V-Max.
They were plenty bright enough, I am not sure that the angular looks of the 8 will suit them as well as the Bandit and Max's rounder style does

K-Gr.

True, round headlamps won't go well with overall FZ8 style... Needs to be something more "dramatic" :)

Tiffy

Headlight conversion for FZ8S

Guys, I have an FZ8S (Faired). Just wondering if anyone has moded theirs to have both headlights on at the same time - not too keen on the asymmetric look:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::(

canader

Guys, I have an FZ8S (Faired). Just wondering if anyone has moded theirs to have both headlights on at the same time - not too keen on the asymmetric look:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::(

There is a how to have both lights at same time somewhere on the forum. Involved splicing 2 wires and running two low beams. Im going to do mine when it warms up a little.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
There is a how to have both lights at same time somewhere on the forum. Involved splicing 2 wires and running two low beams. Im going to do mine when it warms up a little.

Or you could go dual bi-xenon projectors, and it goes dual high/dual low...

Tiffy

Thanks mate - I will search long hand as I've tried the search function and can't find it:)