Has anyone installed clip ons? Removed triple tree?

cambo

Avid Rider
As a sort of addendum to the Clubman Bars thread...I'm going to try the clip on route. The curiosity of fully converting to clip ons is killing me and I need to try it.

Has anyone done this already? I'm assuming I'll have issues with turning radius but how bad will it be? Any pointers/suggestions? At the very least, has anyone removed the triple tree yoke? Any pointers/suggestions when doing that? I'll have to remove to install the clip ons just under it.

thanks in advance!

b-eock

Yeah there was a full how to convert to clip ons thread. I'm about to work on my how to do a clutch plate change for you guys :p first time. Nervous as hell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

thach1130

BTW cambo you should check with the two guys who crashed their bike and see if their headlight and the surrounding fairing to be intact. That way you can replace the parts on your headlight that you've had to drill through to do the handlebar mod.

cambo

Avid Rider
Yeah there was a full how to convert to clip ons thread. I'm about to work on my how to do a clutch plate change for you guys :p first time. Nervous as hell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

hey dude I'm blind as hell...I can't find this thread!

cambo

Avid Rider
BTW cambo you should check with the two guys who crashed their bike and see if their headlight and the surrounding fairing to be intact. That way you can replace the parts on your headlight that you've had to drill through to do the handlebar mod.

dude, effing great point, I forgot my plastics were f*cked up lol!