Handlebars

Lee_533

So I was looking at my bike again before buying some clip ons and I really don't see how the Apex ones will work with the headlight housing. I do not want to drop my front end at all because I have gotten very comfortable with the way it handles and I love it. The headlight is only, what, 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the forks? I don't see how I will be able to fit clipons under the triple. I thought of modding the headlight fairings just a bit but I did some research for some spare ones just to have and can't find anything, so cutting in to the stock fairings makes me nervous. I do like the look of the bars the Doom posted but they don't come in black any more. I'm going to do some research and see if anything else will work. If I can get the Apex clip ons to work I will definitely be buying those just for the comfort that I know they will be quality clipons.

Lee_533

Clip ons off Ebay work great for me. I wanted to lower the front end so double bonus in my eyes :)

Did you try to mount them under the triple first? Trying to figure out if it will work before I order mine. I don't want to spend a bunch of money just to find out that it didn't work.

D

Deleted member 438

So I was looking at my bike again before buying some clip ons and I really don't see how the Apex ones will work with the headlight housing. I do not want to drop my front end at all because I have gotten very comfortable with the way it handles and I love it. The headlight is only, what, 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the forks? I don't see how I will be able to fit clipons under the triple. I thought of modding the headlight fairings just a bit but I did some research for some spare ones just to have and can't find anything, so cutting in to the stock fairings makes me nervous. I do like the look of the bars the Doom posted but they don't come in black any more. I'm going to do some research and see if anything else will work. If I can get the Apex clip ons to work I will definitely be buying those just for the comfort that I know they will be quality clipons.

I'm pretty sure the Apex will work because we can rotate them further back and out so that the are not in front of the forks(I hope this makes sense).

Lee_533

I'm pretty sure the Apex will work because we can rotate them further back and out so that the are not in front of the forks(I hope this makes sense).

I think I know what you mean. Since it has the adjustable riser I guess you could place the clamp in any position and rotate the riser. I may order them.

mrthompson

From what i remember u cant clip under the triple tree cause they hit the headlight housing

They touch ever so slightly. And I was using stock r1 clip ons. With those dan motos you probably could clear the headlight housing. I would also recommend swapping to the r1 front brake. Ebay had them for like $30.

master paper clip

They touch ever so slightly. And I was using stock r1 clip ons. With those dan motos you probably could clear the headlight housing. I would also recommend swapping to the r1 front brake. Ebay had them for like $30.

o_O oh really, anyone know if some clip ons from a ninja would fit our forks, might know where i can barrow a set to test out... but i dont wanna take apart mine and his controlls to swap them and crap if there is no chance... maybe bordem will kick in one day when im there

mrthompson

o_O oh really, anyone know if some clip ons from a ninja would fit our forks, might know where i can barrow a set to test out... but i dont wanna take apart mine and his controlls to swap them and crap if there is no chance... maybe bordem will kick in one day when im there

i'll sell my r1 clip ons. i decided not to go this route for now. i found a couple windshields i want to try out.

C

Camo

that would look insane with the tupperware ripped off and a fz head light on it...

It'd look better with a new battery and tires fitted, pouring into turn one at eastern creek doing a buck eighty...me on board, Tupperware and all ;)

mrthompson

How much did they change your ride position?

same riding position as the r1/r6s. just a better wrist position to clear the tank. as in your wrist are the same angle as the factory fz8 handle bars just alot lower. i think they would work well for you since you will be tracking your bike.

C

Camo

same riding position as the r1/r6s. just a better wrist position to clear the tank. as in your wrist are the same angle as the factory fz8 handle bars just alot lower. i think they would work well for you since you will be tracking your bike.

So guts on tank and less angle on the clip ons basically?