GRAVES exhaust

cmurder

Pillion
anyone else notice the paint coming of off the end cap right at the bottom of the port mouth ?? Just curious .. Ill post some pics tonight ..

bikee4

Why don't you get a hold of Graves to see if they will take care of the issue before you post a negative about their product? Not trying to be a dick, but really?

FastZ8

Well either way it should probably be discussed incase it has happened to anyone else to make sure its not just an isolated case or due to damage during riding. If it is due to riding or normal wear it's better to determine that before you call the company and start complaining. If it is a mass production issue more people will have experienced it and everyone knows mass numbers of people complaining about the same issue is about the only way to make it known and be fixed by a company. They make a good product and seem to stick by it and Yamaha sells and markets thier parts so they are more than likely going to do anything they can to keep the growing public happy and buying what they have to sell.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woody146

Banned
Did you scrape it on something....I have graves exhaust....there is no "paint" on mine...just metal and carbon fiber.......and a sticker...

cmurder

Pillion
Why don't you get a hold of Graves to see if they will take care of the issue before you post a negative about their product? Not trying to be a dick, but really?

I dont see where I said anything negative I was asking a general question ! but if my question offended you I apologize

Last edited:

cmurder

Pillion
I have 2600 miles on the bike, and I also know that some of this is carbon residue, not trying to give anyone a bad rap or be negative. So in retrospect I should have reworded my original question. So does anyone else tip look like this, we got some obvious blue-ing and discoloration of the powder coat , also if or any of the polished surface was exposed, i cant recall. So if anyone could post up a pic of their cap with greater or equal to mileage it would greatly be appreciated.

please excuse the foam glass cleaner in the pipe wanted to make sure everything was nice and clean ...

Last edited:

Woody146

Banned
I don't have full system like you..just slip on..yet I don't really see how that would matter...I have 8800 miles and 8400 have had the graves can on it....if it is because of your headers..it's either running too rich...you scrapped something..or you don't clean it?

cmurder

Pillion
clean the bike after every ride ,, no scrapes ,, just noticed this after the last 2 more aggressive rides getting worse, so I already sent an email to Graves to see what there suggestion would be. Thanks for the pic ...

Woody146

Banned
Hmmmm..maybe it's running hotter because it's headers are shorter? It really just looks like normal titanium bluing or any other metal that gets heated.

cmurder

Pillion
i tend to agree with ya ,, had a couple of yosh and 2 brothers but they didn't start doing this till after about 15k .. I've had discoloration but never had the powder coat burn off ... :2cents: