Goofy Gas, Problematic Petrol, Funky Fuel

Danger

I, unfortunately, filled up the FZ8 at a Northwest Indiana gas station when BP's bad batch (2.1 million gallons) of fuel went out to area gas stations. Before the news was made public, I thought I had a serious problem with the bike, or that I forgot how to start a motorcycle. It would take 4-5 cranking sessions, with about 10-15 seconds in between each. Once it started it was fine, and now that I mixed in other gas, and got through the whole tank, no more problems.

Just watch out if you filled up in the CHI/NWI area around Aug. 13th-17th, and if you get this problem in another geographic area, definitely try a different major brand gas station.

impostor1981

My friend put diesel to his BMW 1000RR couple of days ago, didnt even notice unti he sterted up. Funny that he even hasnt got diesel car lol

Danger

Aww, poor guy. I have to double check every time I pump to make sure it's 93 octane (R+M). I have picked up every different pump there is by accident at some point haha.

H

Hoover

My friend put diesel to his BMW 1000RR couple of days ago, didnt even notice unti he sterted up. Funny that he even hasnt got diesel car lol

I don't remember, are the DERV nozzles a different colour back home?

FZER

Avid Rider
Different color and a different size here. My your friend with the Beemer must have more money than sense.... LOL