Good deal?

anelson24

2006-2012 fz1 shock with 15 k miles? What would be a decent price for me to pay? And is that considered a high amount of miles? Thanks guys

C

Camo

Carton of beer and a nod? Maybe an enthusiastic thank you as well :)

H

Hoover

The FZ1 guys have got wise to us. Used to be they couldn't give them away. Now they know we are buying them, prices are fluctuating.
I paid $50 including shipping for mine, which is an 06 with 7K on it.
I have seen them go for as much as $125.
Remember, the 06 has a slightly stiffer spring than 07 and up. I don't remember by how much and I'm too lazy to look it up!

They dont pop up on fleabay much, but join our sister site and throw a feeler thread up. I scored mine in 2 days. Honestly, I recon that $50 to $80 is a decent price. They may be better than what we have, but they are still just a cheap oem unit.

D

DJK1505

I paid 100 bucks for mine. I would say if you got it for a 100 or less you got a descent deal. If you got it for free, that's a bad ass deal! LOL

DJ

F

Fazed

Just keep in mind you can get a Hagon rear shock for around $430. It's fully rebuildable and I've ran them on my previous bikes and they are stand out better than an OEM unit. The FZ1 shock is not rebuildable. Shocks last (of course varies on riding conditions) around 50 to 60000kms (31 to 37 000miles), you'll know when it's gone when you pogo down a bumpy road. Just some things to keep in mind when negotiating price.

A

AndyDehnRules

With higher miles I would say 40-50 + shipping. I think mine had 1500 and I got it for 65