Gold fork sliders....why

reALIGNed

I cannot stand looking at these gold sliders any longer. Nothing else on the bike is gold, wtf, is this a yamaha thing they normally do, or are these left overs from previous projects? Before spring time arrives, I WILL have black or carbon looking tubes, I don't want to use a rattle can method, so I might use a vinyl decal sheet (black or carbon) and wrap each one. Take a look at the 2013 FZ8, they're black and it matches the bike too.:rant:

Lee_533

I love the gold forks. I don't like how they didn't put more gold on the bike but I'm changing that. Gold brake lines, Gold Wheel tape, Ohlins rear which is Yellow but kind of blends. I think it would be cool all black cause then it would look kind of like the batman bike lol.

F

Fazed

Not a fan of the gold forks as well. If there were other things on the bike that were gold as well then it would be ok. I don't have the urge to spend critical suspension money on gold bits.

I would be interested in the results of the 3M wrap. I'm just worried about fading.

master paper clip

Not a fan of the gold forks as well. If there were other things on the bike that were gold as well then it would be ok. I don't have the urge to spend critical suspension money on gold bits.

I would be interested in the results of the 3M wrap. I'm just worried about fading.

The carbon fiber wrap from 3m is the same kind they use for car wraps, its made for the outdoors

W

WARPTH

Personally im 50 50 on the gold forks. Yes black forks look the bomb. But the gold also breaks it up a little.
Also, makes non wiser people think exotic like ohlins. :)

shadowman

Personally im 50 50 on the gold forks. Yes black forks look the bomb. But the gold also breaks it up a little.
Also, makes non wiser people think exotic like ohlins. :)

I totally agree. I may prefer black, but definitely not enough to do anything about it.

H

Hoover

I like them gold. I think it makes the front end look sharp but not blingy. Black and gold has been a favorite color scheme since the 70's and Lotus using it in F1.
That said, I do like the black forks on the new one and it wouldnt stop me buying it.