Getting a Suzuki DR-Z400SM

• Thread starter Deleted member 438
  • Start date
D

DJK1505

I love SM's, I had an 08 Wr450F I turned into a tard. Was a blast, did not ride it as much as my 8, just didnt feel comfy on the long highway stretches, but commuting, oh shit, I pissed plenty of people off. Cutting through ditches, water ways, fields, splitting lanes, whatever!!!!!, shit man those bikes are a blast!!!!!

DJ

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I love SM's, I had an 08 Wr450F I turned into a tard. Was a blast, did not ride it as much as my 8, just didnt feel comfy on the long highway stretches, but commuting, oh shit, I pissed plenty of people off. Cutting through ditches, water ways, fields, splitting lanes, whatever!!!!!, shit man those bikes are a blast!!!!!

DJ

You guys got me itching for this thing. Hey DJ, maybe if I find cheap motor I'll start building it up as it should be fairly easy to work on.

beefcake morris

I love mine and if you need any help, shoot me a PM. Also, ThumperTalk will be your best friend on anything and everything.

I saw that you mentioned the Yoshi pipe. If you go that route please, please make sure you get the TI pipe and header. Honestly I would get the MRD Exhuast Home. It is the best money and performance, unless you really want TI pipe.

If you want to get started on Jetting without going FCR 39mm Carb right away, then I would do the James Dean Jet Kit. It comes with everything you could think of to use (ThumperTalk will give a great base line to start with).

I live in Florida and use my on big sport bike tracks, so I purchased a 38 tooth rear sprocket to give myself a little more top end.

The stock tires are shit, so make sure to wear them out and upgrade to at least a 150 rear tire instead of the 140 stock rear.

Have fun with it!