FZER Mod, GPR Exhaust, GIVI, OEM black screen

C

Camo

Love it mate! Looks trick as, goes well with the colour of your bike.

D

Deleted member 438

Looks great! What did you use to paint the radiator guard?

FZER

Avid Rider
I cheated on the screen. I really wanted the oem one, but wanted it black as well. I took it to a local custom shop and the guy blasted it sprayed it black and threw some clear on it so the bugs will come off.

Now the exhaust install was tough and now that I've got it on I'm thinking about taking it apart to a point and gutting the cat and putting some high temp gasket seal on the mid pipe. Currently i'm just running the db killer and not the bottom baffle it sounds pretty good to. The db killer was loose and came preinstalled it rattled around a lot but I put alittle sealer on it to keep it from bouncing around. Hopefully I can get it out so I can run it without it too, which based on my first short ride I'm planning on taking it out. I had a really tough time wt the small bracket and the strap, because there wasn't any model specific instruction. To help me get the strap on good enough to put the screw through it I ended up using a small safety tie to hold things together, but now that the bracket is together I shouldn't have near the issues disassembling, sealing the midpipe, and hopefully removing the db killer.

Overall nice exhaust and sounds good. The quality isn't as good as a yosh and the install was more difficult than it really should have been. One of the retaining springs broke too, I'll call for a replacement.

rail

Could anyone tell me which GPR slip on this is, and which DB killer fits it? I have the same one on my bike (previous owner installed it) with no db killer, looking to see how much it reduces the volume.

edit - nevermind, just found it. GPE Poppy, is that right? Still interested in knowing whether the sound reduction is worth importing a little piece of metal from Italy lol.

Last edited:

FZER

Avid Rider
Could anyone tell me which GPR slip on this is, and which DB killer fits it? I have the same one on my bike (previous owner installed it) with no db killer, looking to see how much it reduces the volume.

edit - nevermind, just found it. GPE Poppy, is that right? Still interested in knowing whether the sound reduction is worth importing a little piece of metal from Italy lol.

There's actually two baffles. One that goes into the front of the slip on and the other that goes into the back like most db killers. I originally had the front one out and the back one in and it sounded great. Lots of popping though. So yes you should get a good bit of noise reduction with the back one.

Last edited: