FZ8's and Fazers are in town!!!!!

bd43

I had the opportunity to actually see not one, but two up close and sat on it too.

Some first impressions, loved the look of the Fazer, the lines look great, the fairing is sweet, wow.

As for the colors, the blue one is a different tint of blue compared to my 2007 FZ6, not sure what to make of it, gold forks looked kinda cool on that color. The black was looking pretty sharp as well. Not like the FZ1 sitting right next to it with the gold rims, but still a descent color.

Sitting on one, I have to say, it feels great, still a bit of an upright position, and the bars are similar to the FZ6. I did notice that compared in bar height wise with the FZ1 next to it with the flat bar but higher bar risers, they are near the same in height after it's all said and done.

Some of the things I didnt like about them was the lack of adjustable front fork, no helmet lock, no center stand, the exhaust (is it cheezy?), the inner fairings (molding looks like something out of a vintage automobile), and the price, $11,482 OTD (the FZ1 next to it was only $2k more).

Don't get me wrong, I like this bike but I think I would wait a couple of years for them to make some of these changes just like they did when the FZ6 came out in 2004. Question is, can I wait that long! :eek:

Edit: They have the FZ8 (naked) in too but it was still in the back getting assembled. Apparently, the FZ8 only comes in black. The dealership said to me that they have not sold one yet.

Last edited:

bd43

Where is that bro? I don't recognize the dealership (is it Pro-Am?).

Those pictures are from Argyll Motorsports in Edmonton. Apparantly, Alberta Cycle (Edmonton) and E&S (Ft. Sask) also has them in stock too. Yamaha Canada Distribution (Western) must be blitzing these to all the dealerships, it seems. :tup:

bd43

Out and about today, I heard that Alberta Cycle here in Edmonton has the nakid FZ8 on the floor. Here's what I saw...

The "FZ8" logo embedded into the clear finish of the tank is a nice touch. As I stood there starring at it, I couldn't decide which actually looks nicer, Fazer or FZ8. :confused:

Price wise, the saleperson did not have one posted nor could he offer one. I did see some 2010 FZ1's on the floor on sale for $11.8k. He mused possibly the 8's may be in the $10k range. He did say if I had a million $$$, I could take it now. :p

Jury's still out on this one. I'm not thinking or loosing sleep yet over this one. :cool:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I might have to make the trip up to Canada to see them in person if they don't get them here in the states!

While I do not think I'd buy one, it is possible that my wife might make the jump from the FZ6R some day. This one (FZ8) can easily be lowered!