FZ8 in a pickup bed? loading ramps

TeleRob

I measured quickly that the FZ8 is 83 inches from wheel to wheel length.
Has anyone ever put their FZ8 in a 6 foot pickup bed diagonally and closed the tailgate?

Any suggestions for loading ramps too?

planning a trip where I'd like to bring the bike and a travel trailer.

lyric911

Has anyone ever put their FZ8 in a 6 foot pickup bed diagonally and closed the tailgate?

I've not put it in a 6' bed. I think it'd be safer to load straight in and leave the tailgate down.

Ott

It should fit. I just sold my 2000 ZRX1100 last night, and when angled, it fit into a 6' Chevy bed perfectly. I would guess that the FZ is no longer than that bike.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The FZ will fit in my truck with 6'6" box(GM HD Duramax). I hated unloading the bike backwards off the ramp, so here is my Toyhauler option

C

calscrazy

i have a 5.5ft bed. twice i have loaded mine into the bed. i also have a wheel chock mounted to a 2x12 cut to the exact width of the bed. i just drop the tailgate, put ramp on, push bike up into chock, strap down bike using four straps and canyon straps, strap chock and ramp to tie downs in bed and go. have yet to have any probs. been taking two bike trips a year for last ten years.

TeleRob

I'd prefer the tailgate down and straight in, but it hits the handle for my tongue jack on the trailer. So either I put it in diagonal or buy an electric jack so there is no handle to interfere with the tailgate

ibeme1

I have a 2006 Frontier Crew Cab with the short bed and I have no problem putting my FZ8 in the bed with the tailgate down.

I have the Ready Ramp and it is EXCELLENT!!

Ready Ramp

marylinda520

I have loaded truck ramp. I have fixed it are fixed at the center of the truck bed instead of sides. It allowed me loading capacity and gave a smooth driving. However, i have no idea of fixing it diagonally yet you can try it and close your tailgate at the same time.

------------------
motorcycle loading ramp

BIGpanda

I use an 8' long peice of 2x12 with a ramp hook on the end for my ramp. And I have put many a bike into a 6' bed. I just keep the tailgate down.

cpatt

i always load bikes at an angle in my bed. its a 5.5' box and i always get the tail gate closed. i just get it on the kick stand and strap it down pulling on to the stand then some from the other side just to be safe. have done it so many times with so many different bikes i can ride up the ramps now lol

bobbyb

FZ8- FX4/F150

This is how I brought mine home this spring. front tire is in a 4x4 lumber chock. Too wide for my dirt bike chocks.
B