Fz8 battery?

Zeitgeist

Anyone know what kind of battery the FZ8 uses? I know nothing about batteries and thought I'd start here before trying to find the info online.

I'm away for work at the moment (middle of the desert in the Northern territory of Australia - so boring out here!), and want to get mine replaced so I can ride it the day I get home.

I've had to charge the battery 3 times recently after only not riding it for a few days so I'm pretty sure I need a new one.

Is there a model number or type? Or is there different brands of the same battery? Don't want to know what Yamaha Australia will charge me for it either, expensive fuckers...

It's a 2011 Fz8n.

Cheers.

FZh8in

If you can spend the money I would recommend a Ballistic Evo2 battery. Got one a while back and it's pretty damn sweet! It is a little on the pricey side but the weight savings from the stock battery to this one is crazy. I found one online for $150 (US) and you will probably need the cable extensions ($10 US) too because of the size difference (I did). If you're not looking for a performance battery though its hard to justify the money for the Ballistic, but I love mine. :2cents:

Ballistic Performance Components

Zeitgeist

If you can spend the money I would recommend a Ballistic Evo2 battery. Got one a while back and it's pretty damn sweet! It is a little on the pricey side but the weight savings from the stock battery to this one is crazy. I found one online for $150 (US) and you will probably need the cable extensions ($10 US) too because of the size difference (I did). If you're not looking for a performance battery though its hard to justify the money for the Ballistic, but I love mine. :2cents:

Ballistic Performance Components

Not too bad at all :)