fz1 shock

Rhyno54

I had a question about suspension, as a cheap easy upgrade is it possible to swap out the fz8 forks and rear spring and shock for the stock fz1 front and rear suspension with out changing any of the internals from the front forks or do they bolt right in and if so does it change the rake, seat height, riding position etc, and is it a noticeable change. thanks for the help

And yes the fork cartridges from a fz1 is a direct swap. If you have a 2013 fz8 just get some heavier springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is a 2012. im still not quite sure about the numbers of the spring rate means. Is it the higher spring rate leads to more stiffness? Fz1 shocks in which year?

cmurder

Pillion
I had a question about suspension, as a cheap easy upgrade is it possible to swap out the fz8 forks and rear spring and shock for the stock fz1 front and rear suspension with out changing any of the internals from the front forks or do they bolt right in and if so does it change the rake, seat height, riding position etc, and is it a noticeable change. thanks for the help

If you don't want to do the cartridge swap then you will also need to purchase a fz1 front wheel brakes fender to complete the swap. The more economical choice is just swap cartridges
Everything is direct fit either way you do it.

cmurder

Pillion
Mine is a 2012. im still not quite sure about the numbers of the spring rate means. Is it the higher spring rate leads to more stiffness? Fz1 shocks in which year?

Best place to learn about spring rates and what is needed for a proper setup is prob race tech they have a pretty good web page that explains what everything means