FZ-8 Top Speed?

mikefz8

Fastest I have been on a straightaway was 145 mph coming back from Las Vegas...It seemed fast to me :)

kwrose66

I knock off usually around 95mph normally, fastest 110. Those speeds are stupid fast on public roads. Recommend saving those speeds for track days only. Not to mention if you are caught that's "go to jail do not pass go, do not collect 200$." Reckless driving, loss of license, and a whole slew of legal issues after that. I don't have time for that non-sense. None of our bikes can out run a radio.... To each their own. Be safe, and keep a solid head on your shoulders. Too many don't know when to throttle back.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I knock off usually around 95mph normally, fastest 110. Those speeds are stupid fast on public roads. Recommend saving those speeds for track days only. Not to mention if you are caught that's "go to jail do not pass go, do not collect 200$." Reckless driving, loss of license, and a whole slew of legal issues after that. I don't have time for that non-sense. None of our bikes can out run a radio.... To each their own. Be safe, and keep a solid head on your shoulders. Too many don't know when to throttle back.

You are very wise! I agree with every word. I am too old for that shit.
But as said have at it if you wish.
:edit I am not suggesting some of you are crazy bastards....:Chuckling

Last edited:

FZER

Avid Rider
FZ-8 Top Speed. Too high! I've been over 100 a few times, should I have done it, no. Sometimes just can't help it. Interstate, oh my god, bag it up and I'm gone. Givi screen helped too.

mikefz8

Fastest I have been on a straightaway was 145 mph coming back from Las Vegas...It seemed fast to me :)

I will say this is the only time I have had it over triple digits, because I wanted to see how fast I could go...Other than that I stay throttle spirited around the speed limit :)

rysyndrome

If I wanted to go fast and have higher insurance premiums I would have bought the Z1000 or CBR. Those were my first choices until I wised up. The noise from this bike in 2nd-3rd getting to 80mph quickly is enough of a thrill for me. I hit the backroads Wed afternoon and put the second hundred miles on my bike. Took 3hours just cruisin' around but what a blast. I couldn't have made a better choice for my first bike.

blackie71

top speed could equal bad news

I have read that the top speed measured was 140mph. Just food for thought if you get caught going that fast you will probably be jailed and your bike seized by the State.
the judge will give you the max of fine or jail time. If that doesn't scare you I don't know what will. I too have cranked mine up a few times. But is it really worth losing so much?:(

marko

I just hit 142 out in the CA desert this past Sun morn.......not a soul around except the CHP I cruised by 2 miles later at 55 mph.......close one.

Hereward

done the ton plus a couple of times but just to "tick the box" Not realy into redline in 6th on a naked 800 LOL although in a moment of "must wake up and concerntrate" I did find out it takes 4 seconds to a ton from 80 in 6th and only 3 seconds in 4th........on a track of course officer ;)

sumitkid123

Been using the search button for this thread but after only replacing the stock exhaust with a danmoto strait pipe i hit 148 per spedo on the same stretch that i could only hit 130. do at your own risk [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzlrr3EGcEc&feature=share&list=UU7KZ9BtmEz1Zyi4XL3nz_6A]148MPH 2012 FZ8 - YouTube[/ame]

B

bren

I have only gotten mine to about 150kms.... i mainly commute on my beast. Havent taken it for a fun ride yet..

Ben1105

I have a bit of a deathwish so I see those speeds somewhat frequently, highest I've had mine indicating has been 157 and it didn't really seem like it wanted to budge from there.

C

Camo

Just confirmed booking of a track day on the 12th of January. There's a fair straight at Sydney Motorsport Park, should see at least 235km's easy.

check it out

W

WARPTH

and privately owned.... ahhhh, the things you can do when your the ceo of coca cola...