Front turn signal/ indicators

onesonofamitch

So I feel kind of stupid asking this... but does anybody know of a "how-to" on swapping out the front turn signals for aftermarket led ones? that is specific to the FZ8?
The only thing i could find was a video on youtube showing some guy with suzuki doing the swap, and that helps for the wiring portion. But i guess my main question is, how do i get the old signal off? I currently have the turn signal dangling by its wires and i'm not sure if i just clip them and solder the new ones together or what. I'm probably over-complicating this...

Any advice is sincerely appreciated, and if there is already a thread on this I'm super sorry. I tried to find one and came up with options of blinkers, but no how to's.

MotoZen

On my bike, the connections for the signals were cable tied to the bracket behind the headlight. Whenever possible, I try not to cut any stock wires so that I can either put it back to stock or sell the stock parts.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Keach

As MotoZen mentioned you can disconnect the turn signal wires behind the headlight. I ended up not cutting the wires, but after the hassle if I did it again I'd probably just cut and solder them. The connection type on my aftermarket wires was the same, but a different size, so I ended up crushing the male and female ends together...which will probably end up coming loose with time lol. I also found there was very little slack on the female end (where the wire is zip tied behind the headlight) so getting it plugged in was a PITA

bikee4

If your going LED I'd get one of these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XN8WVY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AFV4HRYFSWIJH]Gen 2 LED Flasher Relay 2-Pin to Slow Signal Rate for Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 R1 R6 R6s All Years : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]