Footrest Flex

xXAvroArrowXx

I'm looking for detail on firming up the flex on the stock footrests. I saw reference to adding a washer between the bolt and rubber bushing that connects the footrest to the main frame of the bike, but I can't find details (i.e. photo or at least a detailed description) how to go about taking some of the flex that I find excessive out of the footrests..... Any help?

Edit: I found this post on FZ10A Forum: http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64517

It's good, but I still find a bit vague. Also, I live in Canada, seems our Home Depot does not have the Crown Bolt PN 32521 washers mentioned in that thread.

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I'm looking for detail on firming up the flex on the stock footrests. I saw reference to adding a washer between the bolt and rubber bushing that connects the footrest to the main frame of the bike, but I can't find details (i.e. photo or at least a detailed description) how to go about taking some of the flex that I find excessive out of the footrests..... Any help?

Edit: I found this post on FZ10A Forum: Rubber mounted rear sets - CHEAP FIX!! - FZ1OA Message Board

It's good, but I still find a bit vague. Also, I live in Canada, seems our Home Depot does not have the Crown Bolt PN 32521 washers mentioned in that thread.

well there are two bolts that hold your footrests on. And under those boths are two dual sided washers. One side is rubber and one side is metal. If you flip it around so that the rubber is facing out, you'll see a space that the bolt doesn't touch ANY rubber. and if you re bolt it in, there won't be any flex at all. good luck

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Quick reply, a part of me can't help but wonder why Yamaha would actually make it so flexy from the factory, but it does feel more "comfy" to me when it flexes so I put mine back to stock.

master paper clip

This is completely reversible u just loosen the bolt and flip the washer, do it for all four bolts holding the read sets on, make the bike feel alot better in the turns, u can make them stiffer by cutting som strips of hard rubber and u can actually insert it into the rubber part of the peg, highway travel can get annoying but not enough where u would regret doing it

socal

If you look at the pegs the flex comes from the bushings. if you want to eliminate that simply take it off and replace the bushing with the appropriate size metal tubing to act as the spacer. Due to the middle spacer there is going to be more vibration but no wiggle.

xXAvroArrowXx

If you look at the pegs the flex comes from the bushings. if you want to eliminate that simply take it off and replace the bushing with the appropriate size metal tubing to act as the spacer. Due to the middle spacer there is going to be more vibration but no wiggle.

I'm going to check this all out hopefully tonight. Ill post photos to assist others in the future.