Flush mount front turn signals

F3NIX

Ok guys I finally got around to changing out those dorky stock front turn signals. I decided to go with some 2003-2006 R6 flush mount front turns. Your prob asking why...here is what I noticed...the shape of the front turn signal mounts is almost a perfect match for these lights. You will see in the pics that follow. This pronect will require a little skill and about 2-3hrs of your time. Again maybe longer if you are deficient in the skill department ;)

Step 1. Remove front head lighr bezel and head lighr side skirts. 2 bolts on each side of the headlight and 2 under the front headlight.

Step 2. Carefully remove the turn signal wires. There are connectors that pull apart. 4 for each turn signal.

Step 3. Remove the top 2 bolts that hold the headlight. Only the top 2 need to be removed.

Step 4. Carefully dremel out the holes where the turn signals mount. There is a indentation and if you dremel out so that the indentation is gone your lights will fit in the same mounting locations.

Step 5. Clip off the connectors off the lights. They wont match the original connectors on your bike. Crimp on the new connectors and use heat shrink to cover all connections.

Step 6. Glue the lights into the headlight bezel. I used just a couple of drops on each light. I used CE medium glue. Becareful not to get glue on your fingers and then touch your light lense.

Step 7. Reassemble the bezels and you are done!

Here are some pics! Tell me what you think...

npeifer2308

Nice little how to thread. I have these exact blinkers on my bike but I set mine up a little different. I didn't cut any of the plastic away from the unit. It allows the blinkers to be angled forward a little. I feel like it gives drivers in front of me a better view at them. Your way makes them look a lot cleaner though.

F3NIX

Yeah I thought about that. I figured if I didnt like it when im done I will just get a new bezel and mount them how u have them. How long have you had yours installed?

cmurder

Pillion
great write up i was to lazy too ... gorilla glue will work better and I also did not have to cut anything .btw the relays if you choose to use them will fit snug inside the side covers with no issue .. did this about 7 months ago and no issues so far , this should be an hour max if you have never taken the bezel apart, 25 minutes tops with how ever long the glue takes to dry, if you tape the lights in place prior to glueing makes it a whole lot easier

Last edited:

Bomber12357

any one looking for some bolt on flush mount front turn signals? they came with my bike and i took them off. there is no cutting just put them on?