first week on my new Fz8...

Spike82

hi to everyone, I'm sorry for my bad english, but I'm italian ... :-D

ok, now i will go to the point, because someone says thai I am the first one who own the fz8 here, i'm will try to describe my experience...

the general look i think is really great! i take it white.. i love it

the engine is fantastic for me, it's like an electric engine until 5.000 rpm and the exhaust do a "bizzzzzzzzzzzz" really confortable for slow motion and in that way you can speack freely with you passenger... after thet point it became a complete different thing, it became wild, take rpm really fast and you have to be carefully because you can make whelly easly... and at thet point the exhaust scream like an open one...

brakes are fantastic, the two on the front is really strong and i have to be really carefully using them. therear one is really "modulable", if i touch lightly it will be lighter but if i ask more, it will block the rear wheel....

suspension are ok for street use, but you can't ask them too much

tyre, are bridgestone, for first equipment is ok, but a little to hard for my opinion...

anything else you whant to know, please ask.

bye my friends :D

Wenmark

Congratulations on the new bike. Tell us more when you can. Do you have any pictures you can post?:)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Thanks for the write-up! No worries about your english. You've done well and your meaning came through just fine. :tup:

My wife and I intend to come to Italy in the next couple years. Perhaps we can meet you for dinner once while there. :D

Spike82

@FZ1inNH sure my friend! i wish to know you and your wife! i'm in the south of italy, in PUGLIA, here the summer is really hot but there is the sea..., i have to go to new york next year, i wish I can see something also in canada...

today i have to go to take my bike from the seller because las wed i touched the 1000 km and the bike need the first check... i will let you know how it goes now... and post some new pics

FZ1inNH

Administrator
@FZ1inNH sure my friend! i wish to know you and your wife! i'm in the south of italy, in PUGLIA, here the summer is really hot but there is the sea..., i have to go to new york next year, i wish I can see something also in canada...

today i have to go to take my bike from the seller because las wed i touched the 1000 km and the bike need the first check... i will let you know how it goes now... and post some new pics

Keep us informed of your travels. If you are coming to NY and then heading to Canada, you might be passing right by me. What in Canada are you going to see?

For Italy, we want to see and experience as much as possible. But Venice is her first choice. Thanks! :cool:

Spike82

@FZ1inNH i have to come no ny brcaus a friend of mine will get married in may 2011 ... i will stay there for 20 days ... but i'm in his hand... where he want to take me to... i will follow...

my dear friends... this day is a great day for my baby... a few minutes ago i finished to mount that ...

www.minervini.netsons.org/foto4.jpg
www.minervini.netsons.org/foto5.jpg
www.minervini.netsons.org/foto6.jpg

the plate mount and plate led light is from barracuda and the indicator are led one from a chinese vendor based in uk and is CE compliant... i need to mount also 2 resistors for each side to let the indicator work...

i wish you will like it....

Spike82

the little bastard bite really hard on me :-D

there is another mod on the way ... as soon as possible i will let you see it ... :-D

Spike82

maybe :p :rolleyes: :D

now in italy there is a promotion... plate support , led indicator and AKCRAPOVIC exagonal carbon exhaust freeeeee!

i'm a little upsetted by this... my fz8 is only 2 week old!

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Take it back and tell them you don't like it,then go to another shop and buy another one and get the freebies,lol

Spike82

yesterday ... as i see tat thing... i called my seller... he says that he will call yamaha and explain my situation and will try to have something.... i wish :)

Big matt

Can one of the new FZ8 owners post a youtube clip of it running and a ride along? Or a mate filming a drive by????

hey spike your bike looks amazing just got a look at the aftermarket stuff here in canada cant wait to start mod'ing it out ... love the look of your bike keep us posted on other mods!!!

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Spike! Well done with the mods! The bike is amazing. Congrats!

I was surprised to see the release of the bike with so many mods right away from Yamaha. Well done Yamaha. :tup: