First upgrade for LED or HID.. Is it worth it?

Geanmage13

I was thinking on spending money for the first non performance upgrade on some LED or HID lights. I don't really know the difference but does anybody know what's the best thing out there to make you more visible and help you at night?

I haven't really upgraded anything cause i just got my bike two weeks ago. Can you guys tell me if you think it's worth it or if i should spend that amount on something that matters more?

b-eock

Get a car, it'll definately help you be seen. Lol. All jokes aside. Look into an HID retrofit by RabbitMan (A.K.A. Chad). They look great, you get to personalize it. It helps you be seen and helps you see so much better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Geanmage13

Get a car, it'll definately help you be seen. Lol. All jokes aside. Look into an HID retrofit by RabbitMan (A.K.A. Chad). They look great, you get to personalize it. It helps you be seen and helps you see so much better.

You think extra leds like the Denali's are not worth the extra dollars?

b-eock

I'm not sure how much they cost. Nor if they're blinding to other drivers. That's why I suggested the HID retrofit. Someone else will definitely chime in.

Geanmage13

They go for $200 minimum... LOL... thanks!! It looks like i'm gonna have to start spending money on her.. My gf is gonna have a rival now! lol

SeñorJack

El Guapo
The bulbs don't help a ton imo as far as actually helping you see, as the shadow of Optimus prime will be taunting you the whole time, but now in a new color.

I consider the projector a performance upgrade definitely.

I can only speculate for the most part, but it seems that people notice the high beam a lot more during day driving. At night I would rock the high beam and got no response from oncoming traffic. With the projector if u run high beam people will be flashing me all night, it's too bright.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Also I got some cheap levers I really liked. Of course it depends on how you ride with your 8, for me the levers made the cockpit of the bike feel more relaxed overall. Ya sounds weird, but it made it feel more dirtbikey bmxish and that was huge for me.

don't overlook comfort upgrades, like riser height, sears, grips, bars, levers etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2