First Day Trip

lance2448

Finally got a chance to take the FZ8 on a good 350 mile trip this weekend.

I noticed that the extra power and slightly more predictable handling made the exact same trip I've taken several times much easier than my last bike.

Most notably, poor quality roads don't make me nervous, as it seems to upset the bike a lot less.

Anyway, only stopped twice for pics:

Ben1105

Finally got a chance to take the FZ8 on a good 350 mile trip this weekend.

I noticed that the extra power and slightly more predictable handling made the exact same trip I've taken several times much easier than my last bike.

Most notably, poor quality roads don't make me nervous, as it seems to upset the bike a lot less.

Anyway, only stopped twice for pics:

What bike did you have before your 8?

lance2448

The weather was great, a little cool, but only got down to about 45 degrees.

Before this one I had a slightly modified SV650 naked. Was a great bike, but a little harsh, made rough roads feel even rougher.

Lol, I even had a passenger notice how much smoother the FZ is, even with stock suspension.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Ya, nice you could get out for a ride and post some pics. -2*c and a skiff of snow this morning. I was cleaning my helmet and put it on my head to clean the visor, my wife walked in ,saw me sitting at computer desk with helmet on, shook her head and said" I won't even ask".

I may or may not have left it on and pretended it was warm and i was riding :eek:

Ben1105

Ya, nice you could get out for a ride and post some pics. -2*c and a skiff of snow this morning. I was cleaning my helmet and put it on my head to clean the visor, my wife walked in ,saw me sitting at computer desk with helmet on, shook her head and said" I won't even ask".

I may or may not have left it on and pretended it was warm and i was riding :eek:

And that's why I'm waiting until summer to ride up to visit my friends in Canada

Lee_533

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I think everyone has or will do that lol. Hell, one day when it was raining here, I decided to wipe my bike down in the garage...ended up hanging off the bike like I was racing with the kickstand holding me up lol. I guess we can't help it.

highoctane

Canyon Carver

Yea thats funny! my wife would have done the same thing!:rof:

H

Hoover

And that's why I'm waiting until summer to ride up to visit my friends in Canada

If you are planning that trip, put Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison on your itinery. There are loads of 8 owners up here. We could do a pack ride as you come through!
Or just stop and drink some Spotted Cow. That would make double D happy! :iconbeer:

Ben1105

If you are planning that trip, put Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison on your itinery. There are loads of 8 owners up here. We could do a pack ride as you come through!
Or just stop and drink some Spotted Cow. That would make double D happy! :iconbeer:

I'm afraid by this summer I may have moved on to another bike, my dad really only feels comfortable on my bike and wants to buy it from me and I might take him up on it. But so far I haven't found anything that I really feel interested in so who knows.

lance2448

That first shot is beautifull. Where is that?

That would be Upper Lake Mary, Arizona....just a few miles from Flagstaff. If you're familiar with the area, one of my favorite trips is to take the I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff, and then take that little road back.

According to google, that's 351 miles of desert, forest, lakes, and....city traffic....and some of the roads actually have curves!

ssky0078

:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof: