F&F Carbon

Fuzzb8

Ahh it has been a long wait but by god what fantastic looking parts! Following a thread I saw on here months ago I decided to check out ffcarbon.com and ordered a couple less expensive bits for the bike. Got a chain guard and the two outside headlight fairing pieces in the twill weave matte finish carbon. I put my order in October 15th and the parts arrived just today! I was notified on the 22nd of November that the parts were built and ready to be shipped by DHL, I paid and on the 25th they were in the mail from Dresden, Germany. I'm blaming our sorry arse U.S. post for the delay in shipping as according to the tracking info. the parts made it to U.S. soil rather quickly then the USPS took it over from there and I swear I could have walked from NJ where they came in to my door here in WA state quicker. But anyway I feel they are worth the wait and I'm not riding right now in this cold weather over here anyway so I wasn't too worried. Got a couple pics but they do the fine craftsmanship no justice. As soon as I get some more cash to burn I will for sure be ordering more parts from them!

97audia4

Thanks a lot dude now I am going to be broke, in all seriousness they have some nice pieces there, let us know how the fitment is.

F

fz8kansas

I am interested, weigh the new parts and then weigh the parts that you replaced them with. I just what to see what the weight savings are going to be.
They look fantastic. The headlight assem should really pop.

Fuzzb8

In all honesty I really doubt the weight savings will be highly noticeable if at all, these are such small pieces anyway. I've been running almost the whole summer until now w/o a chain guard anyway. I just decided my pant leg was a bit too close to the chain at times and thought well if I put one back on I want it to look sweet. I plan on getting a rear seat cowling next, in which there willl be quite a large weight savings and it's gonna look awesome. And from what I've seen the piece in carbon is the same price or slightly higher than the factory Yamaha seat cowling. But if I can find a scale I will check the weights as you have made me curious now...

kopairnik

how's the quality and the fitment of the parts? I'm seriously considering the seat cowl because of the matte finish which the oem part doesn't have, it only have the glossy finish.