Extra Prayer

FZER

Avid Rider
Hey guys, I lost my Dad December 29th, this weekend is father's day and we use to have the biggest cook outs for all the Dad's in our family every year at my Dad's house. Ya'll think about me this weekend. We aren't having the cook out either as ya'll can imagine. My Dad was only 57.... Cancer Sucks.:mad:

V

Vapordan

I'm sorry for your loss. It takes about 2 years for the wounds to stop bleeding. And even after that it can still open up unexpectedly. One day at time. One day at a time.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Hey brother, I know your pain. I lost my mother, whom I was very close to in 2010. She was only 56. You are most definitely in my thoughts in prayers. Rememberring the good times you shared can help ease the pain, but time is always the healer.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I am doing a relay for life event tomorrow morning for cancer research. Things like that always help too. Just remember you aren't alone in this.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

FZER

Avid Rider
Yeah I had never really seen anyone with cancer before. My Dad had acute lymphblastic cancer, plus it was a special philly chromosome positive. AL is about a 50/50 shot. pcp is about a 25 shot. He nearly died with the regular treatment about eight months in, he got into an experimental trail and I got my Dad back for about two months, but it wouldn't clear up in his bone marrow and spinal fluid. That ended up killing him. Very terrible. Nobody deserves what he went through. Didn't have it in Nov of 2010 and got it in Feb of 2011, he was gone at the end of Dec. Really bad stuff. My wife is a cancer nurse too, she got to treat him a lot when he was actually well enough to be at home. He spent a lot of time 2hrs away at Emory University Hospital. Emory is very humbling. So many people sick with cancer. I will as soon as I can start back going to Relay, but it was just two months ago here and way too soon for me. Time for a couple bike rides. Amazing how much crap you can figure out on a good ride.

Last edited:

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Prayers sent were with you bro! Just lost a good friend 5 weeks ago from cancer

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2