Expensive shorty levers vs cheap

Speedo007

This is what my "black" levers look like after a month. Yes, they really were black. You can even see where I moved the adjuster it's darker under where it used to be.

If you buy the cheap chinese levers, I suggest you get them in natural aluminum color, it's the only way you'll be sure of them lasting.

rug_burn

When I got my bike, thelever was bent from the bike being dropped. In the process of straightening it out in a vise, the end broke off about an inch and a half in... And since I wanted to ride the bike right then, I just went over to the belt sander (a file would have worked, too) and rounded out the end of the lever, and put it back on. And now I like it that way. Short levers, zero cost. Just sayin'...

master paper clip

When I got my bike, thelever was bent from the bike being dropped. In the process of straightening it out in a vise, the end broke off about an inch and a half in... And since I wanted to ride the bike right then, I just went over to the belt sander (a file would have worked, too) and rounded out the end of the lever, and put it back on. And now I like it that way. Short levers, zero cost. Just sayin'...

Yup did the same to mine cut them both down rounded them off and painted them flat black to match my bike, now the only silver on my bike is the bolts that hold it together

jonsey

I and a mate of mine brought shorties from rideitmoto.

He got the black and they still look the same as when he put it on it's been about 6 months.

I got gold and they were pretty dull and faded after 3-4 months. I recently brought geniune pazzo's gold and i think they feel a little better and wont fade. Probably not worth the extra 100-150 though.

V

Vapordan

I got the rideitmoto gold, they are as shiney as the day they arrived. However the bike doesn't see much sun never ever sees rain and has about 2k km on it. So I don't really expect wear and tear from the elements.

Jwood9

Im really tempted to order the adjustable and extendable folding levers from rideitmoto.com, has anyone had any terrible experience with these im looking for black on black. I was going to get asv or pazzo but neither brand offers the folding and adjustable like I want. Any help is appreciated

Motogpmad

I got a set of Titax from the bike show. The only thing i will say is that the clutch lever will probably need a small coller inserted into the hole where the bolt goes through as the hole is to big for the bolt causing the lever to move around alot. I was told by the guy who sold them to me that they would be a direct fit, even though i pointed out that they said they were for an R1 on the packet.

ssky0078

I've been looking at levers recently and really like the ASV but found these guys as well that are a little cheaper at $130 compared to the $160 and $220 of the two different ASV options. I don't like thinking about replacing stuff and have even seen ASV levers being resold at motorcycle salvage yards for $70 a pop because they held up so well.

YAMAHA ADJUSTABLE SHORTY LEVER SET

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Im really tempted to order the adjustable and extendable folding levers from rideitmoto.com, has anyone had any terrible experience with these im looking for black on black. I was going to get asv or pazzo but neither brand offers the folding and adjustable like I want. Any help is appreciated

I was going to get those too,but ended up getting the standards. Let us know if you get them!

Sent from my P.O.S