Dyno Tune/ ECU Flash

White'swhitemps

Hello All,

I recently decided to dyno tune my bike. After consideration, i did not feel like sending my ecu out for a re flash. Instead i installed a PCV and took it to a local shop who works closely with STM motorsports (famous for tuning of EVO's, WRX, etc).

The guy was extremely knowledgeable, and was confident i would enjoy the final Product. One of the things ive noticed with those who got the ECU flashed was the removal of the dead spot up until 6k rpms. i mentioned that before the tune and he said he would not be able to tune that out as much as a flash would. He was right. the Bike hits HARD at 6k rpms but is still dead up until 6k. i know people mention that a dyno tune is ultimately better than a flash, but i would prefer this dead spot to disappear.

Is it true you cant tune out the dead spot with the PCV? With the flash, does it really take care of the dead spot as much as im assuming it does? Will i ultimately benefit more with the dyno tune, or flash?

thank in advance

SilverSlugger00

so the Turbo Joe Flash is a better option than a dyno tune?
Yes it's what you should get. There's 5 a main points for it including turning off the AIS, lower temp before fan kicks in, and lessen the engine braking for smother shifting, etc, etc. It's the mod you need. Also get better brake limes yoi will thank yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HeresMyMind

So you can send out the dyno tune flash with your ecu and he will input those fuel trims for Open throttle, but be able to tune everything else his way to remove the dead spot. I have his tune and wouldnt change anything on it unless i had it dyno tuned by him

-B