Dropped my Baby!!! Bent my shifter!!!

shredz87

Hey guys, I got snow on here in arizona (yeah I know, weird right?) and ended up dropping my bike because I stepped on a frozen patch and lost it. (not used to anything being frozen I live in a hot ass desert lol) When it fell it bent my clutch lever, which isn't a big deal, it's still functional and i'm going to be replacing them soon anyway. However, the shifter bent all the way up under the bike, rendering it non functional. In a rage of adrenaline I was able to bend it back to a (albeit slightly) useable position, with my bar hands, but the bike is really hard to ride, the shifting isn't smooth because the lever is at an odd angle. So I pose an interesting question, any suggestions for bending it back without snapping it off? Or is a replacement in my future?

- Jordan "Shredz"

B

bren

it should bend back but will need some force... prett strong metal so it shouldnt break.

May be a good excuse to throw on some Danmoto rearsets for $128 lol

H

Hoover

Heat. Use a small propane blow torch, heat it up,,,GENTLY at the bend and be carefull as you pull it back

ramrod

I second Bren's idea, no better time than now to get a pair of rear sets. If you do a quick search you'll find a bunch of rear sets through different manufactures.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Be careful to check the other end of your shift-rod {the splined fitting on the shaft coming out of the gear box} when mine went down I did the same and it cracked the weld.

cambo

Avid Rider
Hey guys, I got snow on here in arizona (yeah I know, weird right?) and ended up dropping my bike because I stepped on a frozen patch and lost it. (not used to anything being frozen I live in a hot ass desert lol) When it fell it bent my clutch lever, which isn't a big deal, it's still functional and i'm going to be replacing them soon anyway. However, the shifter bent all the way up under the bike, rendering it non functional. In a rage of adrenaline I was able to bend it back to a (albeit slightly) useable position, with my bar hands, but the bike is really hard to ride, the shifting isn't smooth because the lever is at an odd angle. So I pose an interesting question, any suggestions for bending it back without snapping it off? Or is a replacement in my future?

- Jordan "Shredz"

dude, this is so crazy. I literally had a dream last night, that I was on my fz8 and I took it over a snowy ice patch and I lost it and dropped it.

We are now connected through our Fz8 bromance.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
dude, this is so crazy. I literally had a dream last night, that I was on my fz8 and I took it over a snowy ice patch and I lost it and dropped it.

We are now connected through our Fz8 bromance.

That is just creepy... and not right:p