Drinking and Riding

White Rider

There was a study in NZ where people drove a car round an easy cone course sober and then given 1 beer or wine and asked to do it again. Boy, there were cones scattered everywhere by everyone. It really opened my eyes up.

I'm just saying it's not my thing to ride after a drink...

Mrpacis

There was a study in NZ where people drove a car round an easy cone course sober and then given 1 beer or wine and asked to do it again. Boy, there were cones scattered everywhere by everyone. It really opened my eyes up.

I'm just saying it's not my thing to ride after a drink...

I'm glad you don't ride right after you have a drink because that's pretty stupid.

H

Hoover

Congrats Hoover, now you started a virtual bar fight.:)

Yes I did. :cheers:
I am impressed by the honesty though.
I'm not afraid to stand up behind my anonymous laptop and tell you all I'm a functioning alchohlic. What me with my fakey name and blanked out licence plate.
The reason I don't ride after dark is I will spill my cocktail.:tup:

Mrpacis

Yes I did. :cheers:
I am impressed by the honesty though.
I'm not afraid to stand up behind my anonymous laptop and tell you all I'm a functioning alchohlic. What me with my fakey name and blanked out licence plate.
The reason I don't ride after dark is I will spill my cocktail.:tup:

Cheers

rug_burn

Oh, I may have gone for a ride after a couple beers once or twice. But that's it, and no more than that, and never had a problem. I usually keep it to one beer.

I came of age in the '70s. I do know my limits.

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm sitting at a bar right now I ordered my second beer after about thirty minutes or so then waitress ask if I want another and I say no I'm driving. Now's there's like three cops here... I might just be paranoid but I think I getting profiled.......riding while on sportbike! I didn't even finish the second one. I guess I'll hang for thirty minutes and then f-um! I dont have anything against police but I was like the only white kid in a black neighborhood and I have seen good kids really messed wt me included!

I did actually get followed from the resturant/bar to my cabin. Had a really bad experience with the po po in Helen....I used a ditch at an abandon haunted house to load and unload my bike in the back of my truck. When loading the bike to go home some old guy called the cops on me. I got one strap on the bike as soon as I could and went back to my cabin only 1/4 of a mile away. Same guy followed me up there. I put another strap on my bike just enough to get out of town. A policeman turned around and followed me for a little bit in town only to have a sherif pick me up out of town and basically tailgated me. I touched the brake so the lights would come on to show my displeasure. I'm guessing he ran the tags. He turned off and I stopped at the next gas station to make sure the bike wasn't going anywhere. The city of Helen missed out on my shopping day, my cabin was sort of shitty, and I guess I won't be staying there again.