Drift Those Corners

Lee_533

So I just put my new Pirelli Diablos on due to a screw going through my Bridgestone Battleaxes. I am not use to the new tires yet so of course I pushed them when they didn't want to be pushed. My buddy said that they take a bit longer to warm up than the Bridgestones but that the Pirellis are stickier after hot. So I took a 20 mph corner at around 60 (could have pushed it harder) and ended up drifting the corner. When the rear tire first started sliding, my first thought was kill the throttle. But considering that I was not through the corner yet that would have put me in a ditch. So I held the throttle and kept it balanced and sliding until I was out of the turn. Once out I let off the throttle and stood up off the seat a little and let the bike work its way out of the drift.

So My question to you guys. How many of you drift your bikes? Accident or on purpose. If on purpose, how do you keep control of it while drifting?

JRider

Dirty roads sneak up on me (WV coalfields) sometimes, never really drift but it does step off line. Washing the front is what gets my attention but with such a great weight balance it doesnt take much to shift slide to rear.

C

Camo

If it happens it's not intentional.. Im either on the gas a touch early exiting or it's wet and it catches me out.
Either way it's rare and by know means something I try to do on the streets.

Fizzer8

how to drift an FZ8 in the snow

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oikVxS5BS8M&feature=related]CRAZY BIKE TRIP EN LAPONIE 1/2 - ICE DRIFTING IN LAPLAND - OFFICIAL VIDEO MOTO JOURNAL - YouTube[/ame]

V

Vapordan

Back tire sliding doesn't catch my attention, it sorts itself out. Front sliding now that is pant crapping shit right there