DANMOTO Rearsets?

Rotaryknight

from what I've read about them I came to the conclusion that they are good for everyday riding and spirited riding. But if you ride hard, and ride on the track, they arent the rearsets you should have. I think somebody on this forum had theirs break on the track.

leemondo

from what I've read about them I came to the conclusion that they are good for everyday riding and spirited riding. But if you ride hard, and ride on the track, they arent the rearsets you should have. I think somebody on this forum had theirs break on the track.

Thanks for the reply fella!

Not sure i'm gonna track it, but based on that, they sound like they lack quality....hence the price i suppose.

TwoWheels

^^^ Pretty much this. I bought a set wanting a cheap set of adjustables, and after trying to install them (they're made of very light-weight aluminum) with my stupid monkey arms, I stripped a few of the pre drilled holes just while trying to apply loc-tite. Seriously, I wasn't even tearing the ass end out or anything, I thought I was being gentle.

So, re-drilled, tapped, and used different hardware for some of the holes, felt secure enough. Held my weight when bouncing on them just fine. Liked the fact that they didn't have rubber bushings, but, you get what you pay for.

After making sure everything was properly aligned and installed, the cheap, way too soft aluminum shift rod snapped at the front bearing. That was like, 500 miles. Spirited mixed with occasional commute. Slapped the stockers back on, and no problems ever since.

If I decide to get another set of aftermarket rearsets, I'm gonna do the smart bet and save up for a quality set. But, YMMV.

Jwood9

Had them, loved them until they broke as well as my shift linkage had to ride her home in 3rd. Im pretty sure it was due to the engineering. They are fine quality wise, but they put the shift rod at a different angle (different leverage from stock) which is outside the frame and it broke the welded part of my shift arm.

Consequently I bought the vortexs for 3ish and love them to death :) smooth as butter and so solid, with very high quality engineered parts.

gsfraser

Broken shifter arms are very common on the FZ8/FZ1

Nothing to do with the rearsets or the engineering of them.

Just have a look here:

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-general-discussion/3230-its-hard-shift-when.html

Shift pivot breaking - Yamaha FZ1 Forums - International FZ1 Motorcycle Community Forum

Shifter broke!!! - FZ1OA Message Board

Shift Arm Breaking with Aftermarket Rearsets? - FZ1OA Message Board

And that's just what i came up with in 2 minutes, without even searching a bit more...

The same happens very often on these models.

With aftermarket rearsets of different brands and stock rearsets as well.