Danmoto Rearsets

TwoWheels

Alright, so I've had my DM Rearsets for two months and have yet to put them on...

(I had to wait for a new shift arm from Yamaha Warranty, and the mechanic wouldn't replace it if I had aftermarket rearsets on...)

So I get my part in, run home, take off the stocks, and am excited to put these on in 105 degree weather... Seriously, I can't drink the beer fast enough, I'm just sweating it out. I put on the the left side (shift side), with the two small spacers in between the frame and the rearsets, fits great. I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to fit this shift rod.

I know it goes on the outside of the frame. I know I have two spacers, one shift linkage bolt, and the original bolt. Seriously, I can't figure out how to mount it. The rod rubs on the frame, whichever spacer I use, it seems the same.

Anyone got a good, close up picture of the shift linkage on the outside and their DM rearsets? It's embarrassing, because I fix things for a living, so this is my humbling. I'm unofficially blaming the heat. Yeah, it's the heat, I can't think straight.

Do I need new hardware? Or am I just a moron today? Google, Danmoto, and our bikes, don't lend a lot of help, so I'm asking you guys...

TwoWheels

Wow. I never thought about bending the rod... I'm an idiot, lol. Couple small bends, and problem fixed. Thanks man :) Problem fixed :)

On another small rant, don't know if I'd buy the Danmoto's again, after having to bend the shift arm, there were two bolts that stripped the aluminum that holds the pieces together. So I had to drill and tap those holes and put in new screws.... Oh well, it was only $120 :):)

Rotaryknight

put any hard miles on them rearsets yet?

Do they feel sturdy?

I was going to go with these because I wanted them to be higher since I was grinding the stock pegs on some turns, but I am hesitant to spend 300+ on a rear set.

TwoWheels

Haven't been too hard on them so far, just commuting and some light spirited driving so far. They're stable-ish....

The shift side is solid as a rock, the brake side flexes a little when you jam on the brake. It's just the design.

They're worth the $120, but if I had to do it over again, I think I'd have saved the extra $$ for some lighttechs or something....

jumb5150

I had DM rearsets. unfortunately they didn't last when the bike tipped over on the driveway. I didn't like them anyway. Way too flimsy and Im 175lbs. So I switched over to some Vortex and it is like night and day.