Danmoto Carbon GP exhaust (vids)

Rotaryknight

So I got the exhaust in and installed it a few days ago. WOW is all I can say. For around $130 the sound coming out of this can is so much better than anything else that cost 3-4 times as much. It is also very very light to the point where I can lift the entire assembly with my pinky and flex it lol

Its not obxiously loud as running it without the muffler and it has that nice deep tone. I live in a row home in South philly and I come home at midnight and it doesnt disturb anybody at idle or light throttle under 4krpm.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3NjYpQ8OUE]FZ8 Exhaust stock vs Danmoto - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwMQVduxgq4]danmoto carbon Gp exhaust rear camera FZ8 - YouTube[/ame]

Rotaryknight

I noticed that the power dip from 4-6krpm is more exagerated now with the exhaust. Though it pulls a little bit harder up top. Next mod would be an airbox mod with a power commander.

kawk2fazer

Just saw ur vids....tunnel blasting is the best with a nice exhaust!! :)

Thinkin about the Danmoto myself...its got a nice note to it.

MotoZen

Aggghh those sound so good, I'm having a really hard time deciding between one of these Danmoto's or the Coffman's...
Have you heard the coffmans on an fz8 yet? I really like the way they look in combo with Marthy's midship pipe, but I want to hear it too.

MotoZen

. . . I live in a row home in South philly and I come home at midnight and it doesnt disturb anybody at idle or light throttle under 4krpm.

I've been told that "row home" is a term that much of the country isn't familiar with. I think it's localized to us Philly area residents (maybe the midaltlantic region?). I think they're called townhomes in most places. Just an interesting tidbit that I've been told and thought I'd pass along.

On a completely different subject, have you been to the Revzilla store? I'm dieing to find the time to get down there.

MotoZen

No, I haven't got to hear it yet. That's mainly what I'm waiting on to help me decide and pull the trigger.
They aren't listed on Coffman's website yet. Marthy has a damn good package going on with a custom Danmoto, but I don't think that I can actually afford it.

I also don't know how much the Coffman's are going to cost. Judging by these videos, I think it'll be hard to beat the Danmoto at only $130.

MotoZen

Hey RotaryKnight, did you paint the side covers on your frame, or is that just a glare in the picture?

Rotaryknight

I've been told that "row home" is a term that much of the country isn't familiar with. I think it's localized to us Philly area residents (maybe the midaltlantic region?). I think they're called townhomes in most places. Just an interesting tidbit that I've been told and thought I'd pass along.

On a completely different subject, have you been to the Revzilla store? I'm dieing to find the time to get down there.

I've been there lots of times, I would sometime just go there and browse to see what I like best. I bought my Helmet, gloves, and boots there. The place is like a bikers dreamland of boutique lol

Hey RotaryKnight, did you paint the side covers on your frame, or is that just a glare in the picture?

yea, its plasti-dipped. Its starting to peel off.

MotoZen

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from there. I'm close enough that I usually get shipments the next day, but I work during the week and usually watch my son on Saturdays. I need to replace my gloves and really want to try some stuff on.

Are those from covers peeling because of your knees, or some other reason? How long did it take for them to start peeling?

master paper clip

I painted mine 2, I had some serious mountain road road action yesterday so I was moving alot... Key to plati dip is the layers, if u put enough it is damn durable... Guess I put enough this time

Rotaryknight

yea, once you start moving around a lot, your knees are going to start rubbing on it. Normal riding, I barely touch it at all lol