Danmoto Billet rear sets

trixster8

I wanna make a request, one more pic of the right side of the bike (brake side). But set back a little more so I can get a full view of the rearset and how it flows with the lines of the bike. If you dont mind? I really really want lightechs really badly but then again... these do save me 300 dollars. Also it goes against my philosophy about chinese parts being on my bike.

Also question for ya... there is no additional parts we need to buy to install these right? cause read that vortex or lightechs, i think you have to buy a new brake spring or a new brake switch to complete the install.

I hope this pic helps you decide. I agree, the Lightechs are bad ass. And Like Doom said, the DanMoto's use the stock brake switch but come with a new switch spring for their mounting position.

minja714

I wonder... if we can do a group buy on this to cut down on the shipping.

I know I know its pretty cheap already but the shipping guys are making a killing off this.

Also thanks for the picture posting trix! not gonna lie, they look great for the price and i might have to change my mind about the light techs.

Last edited:

Mrpacis

Hey Jumb, I ordered them on the 8th and received them on the 16th, so 8 days isn't bad from China. They were easy to install, but come with just generic instructions. So you have to figure out what hardware goes where. But they do come mostly assmebled, again I'd recommend adding thread lock to all the hardware. They are very easy to tear down, so a re anno would be no problem.

I'd recommend these to anyone, for the price, you can't go wrong. I rode down to Indy yesterday with Dr. Doom. He rode my bike for a little bit and thought they felt good too.

So trixster how is it so far? Any discoloring? Pros and cons? Issues? Comments concerns? Would you recommend it.

H

Hoover

Trixter, are you coming up here with double d for the Crud Run?
I'd like to try them out.

trixster8

So trixster how is it so far? Any discoloring? Pros and cons? Issues? Comments concerns? Would you recommend it.

So far, I still think they're great and well worth the money. The coloring is holding up great, no wear or fading.

The pros are basically everthing you get with any after market rear set but at a great price.

The cons are that shifting feels a little rougher in the foot, but that's probably going to come with any aftermarket rear set because they are solid mount and solid shift peg. The stockers feel smoother because of all the rubber used on them. I also lost my adjustability on the shift side because I modified it to run the shift linkage through the frame hole. But if I installed them the regular way, I'd be able to adjust the position of them. So, that one is my own fault, but I'm ok with that position.

The only real con with the Danmoto rear sets are the pegs, and it's not even a problem depending on how you ride. The ends of the pegs are round and smooth, as you can see in my previous pictures. It never bothered me until I did a track day with Dr. Doom. For normal riding, I keep my feet on the pegs and don't move them around much. But at the track day, they were teaching us body and feet positioning. In aggressive cornering, they want you to keep the toe of you boot at the tip of the peg to help get your inside knee out. I'm not going to get into detail about all that, but it was pretty difficult to do with a rounded peg, race boots, and in the middle of a rain storm. My foot was slipping off the peg quite a bit, even after the rain stopped and everything dried. But again, it's how you ride, I don't ride that aggressive on the street, so it's not a problem.

But all in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and still recommend them to anyone.

Mrpacis

So far, I still think they're great and well worth the money. The coloring is holding up great, no wear or fading.

The pros are basically everthing you get with any after market rear set but at a great price.

The cons are that shifting feels a little rougher in the foot, but that's probably going to come with any aftermarket rear set because they are solid mount and solid shift peg. The stockers feel smoother because of all the rubber used on them. I also lost my adjustability on the shift side because I modified it to run the shift linkage through the frame hole. But if I installed them the regular way, I'd be able to adjust the position of them. So, that one is my own fault, but I'm ok with that position.

The only real con with the Danmoto rear sets are the pegs, and it's not even a problem depending on how you ride. The ends of the pegs are round and smooth, as you can see in my previous pictures. It never bothered me until I did a track day with Dr. Doom. For normal riding, I keep my feet on the pegs and don't move them around much. But at the track day, they were teaching us body and feet positioning. In aggressive cornering, they want you to keep the toe of you boot at the tip of the peg to help get your inside knee out. I'm not going to get into detail about all that, but it was pretty difficult to do with a rounded peg, race boots, and in the middle of a rain storm. My foot was slipping off the peg quite a bit, even after the rain stopped and everything dried. But again, it's how you ride, I don't ride that aggressive on the street, so it's not a problem.

But all in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and still recommend them to anyone.

Thanks for the quick response. Based on your opinion and the price. I will definitely buy it.

H

Hoover

Because I'm a frigging cripple with my beat up chassis, I will wait untill my neighbours make it up in October to make sure I fit them!

W

WARPTH

Hey mate, whats your opinion on the bearings on the gear side? Any side side movement on the shifter? Are the rear sets firm or do they still have a little flex in them?

Jwood9

I just ordered my set of the Dan mottos, and i have a couple quick questions for anyone who has these installed.

We don't have to flip the shit pattern do we? I plan on using the shift linkage outside the frame to maintain adjustability, but i don't want my shift pattern the other way. i would like to keep it 1 down and 5 up. Is that possible?

Also i have read that they come with the rear brake spring and and it uses the stock switch. Is it easy to install the spring and to get it set up right? Or will i need to purchase any special tool to do so?

Thanks for your help guys, this was one of those mods that i most likely wouldn't have gone into one because $5-600 seemed a bit much for me with the sato and other brands. I really look forward to receiving this thanks for the help in advance!

trixster8

I just ordered my set of the Dan mottos, and i have a couple quick questions for anyone who has these installed.

We don't have to flip the shit pattern do we? I plan on using the shift linkage outside the frame to maintain adjustability, but i don't want my shift pattern the other way. i would like to keep it 1 down and 5 up. Is that possible?

Also i have read that they come with the rear brake spring and and it uses the stock switch. Is it easy to install the spring and to get it set up right? Or will i need to purchase any special tool to do so?

Thanks for your help guys, this was one of those mods that i most likely wouldn't have gone into one because $5-600 seemed a bit much for me with the sato and other brands. I really look forward to receiving this thanks for the help in advance!

Like Doom said, they are set up for standard shift pattern. The spring and stock switch are easy to install, no special tools.

S

Shock

They look great and I'm curious how they hold up for the price I will find out as the price is amazing. I gotta get through Christmas and my anniversary (right afterwards) first however

C

Camo

I think if I spend another cent on this bike, it'll be on a set of these for sure.

trixster8

Hey mate, whats your opinion on the bearings on the gear side? Any side side movement on the shifter? Are the rear sets firm or do they still have a little flex in them?

Hey WARPTH, sorry for the late response, I didn't see this post. The side to side movement is about a 1/16", but that is not from the bearing, it's in the machining. I guess the tolerances could have been a little tighter, but it's still a nice firm setup. You really have to try to get it to shift side to side, it's not sloppy at all. As far as the bearing, I can't see it ever being a problem. Plus it's probably a $5 bearing if ever fails, but i'm sure it will last the life of the bike.

B

bren

I think if I spend another cent on this bike, it'll be on a set of these for sure.

Im at the stage where my wife is telling me no more lol..

But i think i can scam a Juice Box out of her soon. that will do me then. lol

(until i find something else i like heheh)