Dan Moto baffle

reALIGNed

I just got the baffle kit for my DanMoto GP Carbon slip on, can someone illustrate or post a pic which way and where this part goes? I assume the small end goes into the inlet of the muffler, but just want to be sure. Thanks

AlCab

I just got the baffle kit for my DanMoto GP Carbon slip on, can someone illustrate or post a pic which way and where this part goes? I assume the small end goes into the inlet of the muffler, but just want to be sure. Thanks

I am no help but when you do get it installed, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how much quieter it is and if the exhaust note changes at all. I also have the Danmoto CF can and it is a bit too loud for me.

reALIGNed

I can live with it open, especially at upper rpm's, just messing with it to see the diff., but yes, I'll post back to you.

W

WARPTH

i had to give mine a bit of a whack to get it to sit in properly other wise it rattled around. it was interfering with the welds on the inside. with a little whack it sat in nice and tight.

I am no help but when you do get it installed, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how much quieter it is and if the exhaust note changes at all. I also have the Danmoto CF can and it is a bit too loud for me.

it drops a little bit in volume, mainly cruis speeds. but does change the tone quite a bit. it looses a bit of its real deep raw raspiness with the baffle in.
also i found (from my butt dyno) i picked up a bit more torque down low but lost a little bit of pull up top compared to not having it in. but id prefer to keep my hearing than have that little bit more power ;)

reALIGNed

The baffle lasted for a total of 20 minutes, to me, it wasn't much of an improvement in lowering the db's, plus the idea of the restriction,.........no thanks. Its back to the plain old gp canister, for now. Over the winter I'm going to remove the inner perforated pipe and make the holes larger, and the scoops deeper and re-wrap the tube with Vance and Hines glass wool, then reassemble it with new rivets. We did this in the past on 2 stroke gp bikes (250's) and it is very simple with pleasing results.

AlCab

The baffle lasted for a total of 20 minutes, to me, it wasn't much of an improvement in lowering the db's, plus the idea of the restriction,.........no thanks. Its back to the plain old gp canister, for now. Over the winter I'm going to remove the inner perforated pipe and make the holes larger, and the scoops deeper and re-wrap the tube with Vance and Hines glass wool, then reassemble it with new rivets. We did this in the past on 2 stroke gp bikes (250's) and it is very simple with pleasing results.

Thanks for that report. I'll be leaving mine alone then.

reALIGNed

What results does this give you?

It suppresses the noise more by trapping the exhaust pulses into the packing material, thus deadening the volume, yet allows the spent gases to flow thru with out restriction, that a baffle can create.