Custom LED Signals

Jacek3743

So I recently purchased a set of flush mount signals from eBay and since they are made from cheap materials, so i decided to order my own LED and redesign the signals I bought. I will do an up-to-date and a "How To" if anyone is interested

Personally, I'm one that for things like LEDs would not pay the $80 when the price to make a signal is roughly $2-3 dollars.

greenturbo

So I recently purchased a set of flush mount signals from eBay and since they are made from cheap materials, so i decided to order my own LED and redesign the signals I bought. I will do an up-to-date and a "How To" if anyone is interested

Personally, I'm one that for things like LEDs would not pay the $80 when the price to make a signal is roughly $2-3 dollars.

i reworked a set of R6 ones for my Fazer8, was a bit of work..worth it for how good they look.

i like that your going to do a how too

Jacek3743

i reworked a set of R6 ones for my Fazer8, was a bit of work..worth it for how good they look.

i like that your going to do a how too

It's definitely going to require some soldering skills for some people but I'll see if I can do like an easy version of what I'm going to do. Planing on going the SMD LED route which should give me a much much brighter output.

If it's not as time consuming as I'm expecting it to be, I may offer to redo them myself but not promising anything just yet.

suss427

do you want to sell me your stock signals? Are you going to preserve the daylight running function on your new ones?

Jacek3743

I can sell you my stock ones if you'd like. And the ones I got from ebay didn't have that feature. I could easily add it but when I tried taking the signal apart, it shattered in my hand because the whole base was filled with super glue so this project kind of died on me...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

greenturbo

here are mine installed

DLSGAP

I've got a plan for some rear signals that will be sick if I ever get around to making them

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk