cure for hot seat

pigdog

go to a welding supply store & purchase an 12x12in. thermal blanket. you can then lay it under the seat pan in the hole or attach it to the pan itself. these are non conductive felt material & are protective for over 3,000 degrees F. simple & cheap.

Last edited:

97audia4

go to a welding supply store & purchase an 18x18 thermal blanket. you can then fold it or cut it to size. lay it under the seat pan in the hole or attach it to the pan itself. these are non conductive felt material & are protective for over 3,000 degrees F. simple & cheap.

Are you sitting in stop and go traffic what you ride ? Bc mt seat only gets hot them but on bsckroad twisties its fine and never gets warm.

pigdog

go to a welding supply store & purchase an 18x18 thermal blanket. you can then fold it or cut it to size. lay it under the seat pan in the hole or attach it to the pan itself. these are non conductive felt material & are protective for over 3,000 degrees F. simple & cheap.

2013 fz8

cpatt

my seat gets hot at random times... like on the highway it will just get hot all of a sudden. then it cools right off its kinda weird

pigdog

heres an update. when i went to the welding supply store they had a 12x12in. pad made by r.e.v.c.o. made of flexible carbon fiber that fit perfectly without having to cut it. i stuffed it under the sub frame & put the seat back on. the pad was $15.00.

greenturbo

heres an update. when i went to the welding supply store they had a 12x12in. pad made by r.e.v.c.o. made of flexible carbon fiber that fit perfectly without having to cut it. i stuffed it under the sub frame & put the seat back on. the pad was $15.00.

pics!

decooney

my seat gets hot at random times... like on the highway it will just get hot all of a sudden. then it cools right off its kinda weird

Interesting, I noticed this recently as well returning from a four day ride recently. Apparently the heat is more noticeable when the fans come on, with heat directing rearward towards the seat. Some have tried insulating the seat bottom with moderate success. This combined with some other air blocks has worked. While others have experimented with additional fans, etc.
There are some home solutions a few guys came up with on the FZ8 and FZ1 forum. Apparently it is a known issue on the FZ1 forum, and can be corrected with a cheap sun shade cut up in pieces. The main issue is to keep the hot air from getting to the seat and escaping out to your thigh area. Some dealers have been helping a few customers to rig something up, not sure exactly. Still looking for updates from a Yamaha engineer.

-----------

Update: See first thread which leads to FZ1 thread - http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-general-discussion/3016-hot-seat.html

Last edited:

pigdog

well...there is a voltage regulator/rectifier under the seat. not much room for cooling since they have fins on them for a reason. the 12x12in. welding blanket i put under the seat stopped toasty junk syndrome.

TorontoAlex

Im sure its the fan warming the seat. It only gets hot if I hug the tank at low speeds/traffic. Feels good in the rain though!