Cruise control on Fz8

Speedo007

ADM Sport - Photon - Contrôleur de vitesse universel

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV50WhZalwQ&feature=player_embedded"]ITL Photon Universal cruise control / Contrôleur de vitesse universel - YouTube[/ame]
Just bought this today, for an 8hour highway ride. Tried it and its so simple and efficient I hate myself for not inventing it. Best 16$ I spent in a while.

Last edited:

Speedo007

Barely any resistance, you just snap the throttle shut and it slides on the rubber grip (just like in the video how you set it by sliding it down, it slides back up if you shut the throttle). It just has the right amount of resistance to keep throttle open without making it hard to shut it off. And it takes 2 seconds to install and uninstall.

RoMav

Wow. I've seen that type of thing before but they all looked clumsy and slightly unsafe. That actually looks like it could be functional. Is it jus.t a piece of plastic or is there a metal bit that provides the actual tension on the grip? Does it feel like it could last?

Speedo007

It is really just a piece of plastic (thats what makes me mad for not inventing it, it most cost them 0.21$ to produce hehe) It's solid plastic though as it needs to be stretched open to put it on and off of the throttle grip. And will it last, I don't predict any problems, it's so simple not much can go wrong. the inner part you see in the picture is just like a rubberband for chrome handles and stuff like that on which it wouldnt grip otherwise. For our bikes it's just one single piece of rugged plastic, we can throw the rubberband away :)

D

DJK1505

WOW, now im mad i spent 8 bucks on the cramp buster. That is sweet! Just ordered it!!!!!

Speedo007

The only downsize I found is that since I have bar end mirrors this removes another maybe 1/2" on the total width of the grip and I have large hands. If I wasnt using bar end mirrors then I wouldnt even notice the difference. Going for a 650km highway ride tomorrow I'll let you know how it works out. Rode 150km today, and works perfectly, even think it saved me gas!

Speedo007

UPDATE: Ok just got back from my 1400km trip. Love the cruise control. Sure it's not a cruise control like you'd get on a BMW that disengages as soon as you touch the breaks, or clutch. That said it works great and if you need to brake you'll snap throttle off in a blink before even grabbing the brake. Since most of my trip was highways, sometimes I just let go both handles and grabbed the side of the tanks, nice to have the option to change your upper body position once in a while. Very satisfied.

mckshred

Anyone order this? How much you pay to get it to USA?
I see the price around $16, but another $34 to ship? $54.84 total is what they want.
Twice as much to ship and insure than the actual item itself costs?
Seems outrageous. You guys pay that? Is there a US Distributor?
I'd like to have it but $54 for a 'Rubber Band' ?????!!!!!!!!

packnrat

here is another user of this product. it works great, cheap to buy,
(yes there are brick and mortar places selling this item)
and NO drilling required. no removing anything. fits all bikes. and with a one year warranty. mine broke and they replace free no questions. just return the broken parts.
i was ordering a new one and they reminded me about the warranty.

i say they get five stars out of five stars from me.

packnrat said this.

RoadKill

Anyone order this? How much you pay to get it to USA?
I see the price around $16, but another $34 to ship? $54.84 total is what they want.
Twice as much to ship and insure than the actual item itself costs?
Seems outrageous. You guys pay that? Is there a US Distributor?
I'd like to have it but $54 for a 'Rubber Band' ?????!!!!!!!!

yeah i was almost at the last step with my order and backed out because of shipping. $50 to ship a slim piece pf plastic to brooklyn ny is ridiculous.

i have ordered things from china that were free and about the same size ( a bit larger)

TallGuyNW

That looks like an awesome product. I did a quick search on amazon and found one that looks the same. I think I'll order it tomorrow.