Correct flasher or relay for LED rear turns?

a-rode

I just installed a fender eliminator kit and it came with 2 LED turn signals. I'm very pleased with the way it looks, bit I would like the turns to blink at the proper rate.

Is there a specific part I can drop in for this, or is it more of a find one at auto zone and splice it in somewhere? If so where would one splice this?

BigD

I just installed a fender eliminator kit and it came with 2 LED turn signals. I'm very pleased with the way it looks, bit I would like the turns to blink at the proper rate.

Is there a specific part I can drop in for this, or is it more of a find one at auto zone and splice it in somewhere? If so where would one splice this?
If you do a search on ebay for yamaha fz8 flasher relay it's easier to just replace the relay for when you change the front flashers too.
The other option is to install inline fuses as leds draw less current, they flash at a faster rate the same as if a bulb blew on the bike.
The easiest option is to just change the relay.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

a-rode

If you do a search on ebay for yamaha fz8 flasher relay it's easier to just replace the relay for when you change the front flashers too.
The other option is to install inline fuses as leds draw less current, they flash at a faster rate the same as if a bulb blew on the bike.
The easiest option is to just change the relay.

As I expected. I'd love to find a part number and buy one locally.

I assume I would search LED flasher Relay?

Thanks!

BigD

Yeah but you need one that I believe is 3 pins. ..someone will correct me if I'm wrong for sure but yeah a yamaha flasher relay. local bike shops should stop them...

FZ8Panda

This is the one you need, hopefully they sell it at a local motorcycle shop

LED Flasher Relay Slows Signal Rate Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 FJR1300 R6 R1 Seca | eBay

Ditto. You can buy direct from TST on eBay or on their website. 2 sec install and if you decide to get front led signals(if you don't have already) you won't have to worry about it blinking at a different rate like BigD has said. :cool:

LED Flasher Relay Slows Signal Rate Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 FJR1300 R6 R1 Seca | eBay

TST Industries Gen2 LED Flasher Relay

a-rode

Update!

You can buy a flasher that solves the issue with any combination of LED and standard bulbs for $20.

It is made for Yamaha and dropped right in. Went in with no issues. Was a 1 minute fix and took no effort. Great option if you have a Cycle Gear nearby and don't want to wait for shipping.

Grothej

Hey about those handle bar mirrors!

Could someone pm me and explain how exactly you did those handle bar mirriors? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Jens

BigD

Could someone pm me and explain how exactly you did those handle bar mirriors? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Jens
wrong thread, if you use the search box you should be able to find something