Corbin Seat Install

rysyndrome

Any chance of taking a black sharpie marker to the Corbin logo to make it less noticeable and fit the black paint scheme?

lothodon

Super Moderator
i'm considering that as well. took the bike out for it's maiden 2012 voyage today with the stock seat as i am still unsure what to do. i'm afraid that would be a point of no return, as would trying to remove the stitching completely.

Bigbub

Will do if I manage to get out there today.

No luck, just called all the shops up, and found they only carry the hard cases. Hard cases for motorbikes are much more popular here than custom seats. Debating what to do next; worst case will need to wait for June to check out a dealer in the USA.

Some of them mentioned that I can order it (about a month wait), but that's still hit or miss... I still haven't seen any reviews from "real people" online on the seat.

Bigbub

No luck, just called all the shops up, and found they only carry the hard cases. Hard cases for motorbikes are much more popular here than custom seats. Debating what to do next; worst case will need to wait for June to check out a dealer in the USA.

Some of them mentioned that I can order it (about a month wait), but that's still hit or miss... I still haven't seen any reviews from "real people" online on the seat.

Just heard back from a dealer in the Fresno area in California, who is able to sell it for $399 with just about 2 weeks wait. I won't be over there until June, so will check it out then.

jet987

Anyone install the rear Corbin seat? Does that fit properly and how about passenger comfort compared to the stock rear seat?

chodatus

Anyone install the rear Corbin seat? Does that fit properly and how about passenger comfort compared to the stock rear seat?

Here are photos of passenger corbin seat:

Improved angle so passenger doesn't slide into you. Can't review comfort til the girlfriend tries it out.

mavpsa

i don't know if you guys want another option, outside of sergeant and corbin, but i've used him before for my sv. guy does great work and the price is great!

Page 1

Last edited:

chodatus

Did the hardware from the original rear seat fit the Corbin without modifications?

The two in the front fit fine, the one in the back was off maybe 1 mm so had to wiggle it in and snap into the lock system.

Had the GF on it this weekend, she said the seat really improved her butt from sliding forward and back when I brake and accelerate. Also there is more surface area then the stock so comfort was also better. We only went for a 30 minute ride. Still need to test for longer ride.

I've been looking at people comments on the Top Sellerie seats, those appear to be the better route if you want to change out all your seats. However, if you're like me, the corbin seat works fine for passenger. I'm sticking with the stock so I can put money elsewhere.

pfontainejr

The two in the front fit fine, the one in the back was off maybe 1 mm so had to wiggle it in and snap into the lock system.

Had the GF on it this weekend, she said the seat really improved her butt from sliding forward and back when I brake and accelerate. Also there is more surface area then the stock so comfort was also better. We only went for a 30 minute ride. Still need to test for longer ride.

I've been looking at people comments on the Top Sellerie seats, those appear to be the better route if you want to change out all your seats. However, if you're like me, the corbin seat works fine for passenger. I'm sticking with the stock so I can put money elsewhere.

Thx! Will be recieving both front & rear Corbin seats Saturday. Owned Corbin seats before....always worked for me.

lothodon

Super Moderator
yes, as that refers to the hardware that was removed from the stock passenger seat and placed on the corbin seat.

decooney

Updates?

Any updates on the Corbin seat debacle in the past 4 months?

Newbie here to this forum and FZ8s too for that matter. I'm picking up a new 2012 FZ8 this week and the first thing I planned to do is put a Corbin seat on it until I read this thread. NOT! Wow. I've used Corbin on my Harleys before without issue. From looks of these photos, screw ups on wrong tabs, improper logo placement, and questionable response from Corbin, I may look elsewhere. The dealer mentioned Sargent seats too. Don't blame you guys for being upset. I always thought Corbin was a company that produced quality. I guess not. Was hoping to see how this all turned out for those of you who struggled through it with Sergio, Corbin, etc. Hoping to read if Corbin got their act together or not or if they finally read this thread.

SV TO FZ8

I have had a Sargent's seat on my SV since it was new and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately Sargent's doesn't make one for the FZ8 but I'm going to have them make it in their custom shop. It's well worth it.

decooney

I have had a Sargent's seat on my SV since it was new and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately Sargent's doesn't make one for the FZ8 but I'm going to have them make it in their custom shop. It's well worth it.

SV to FZ8:
I don't want to distract from this thread for more than one post, but I hope to find some background and prior threads (maybe you posted?) on the history of your handle "SV to FZ8", assuming you owned a SV prior to your FZ8. I came very close to buying an SV650 naked 2008 or even the Gladius style in 2009, now SFV650 in 2013. Passed on that. I'm picking up my new FZ8 Tuesday but sort of tripping out on the width of the tank (bowlegged position of legs) on the FZ8 as compared to the narrow v-twins. Use to narrow bikes in general, but I went for the FZ8 anyhow. Will send you a PM on FZ8-forum. I plan to follow up with Sargent on the custom seat idea since Im in Norcal. Would be cool to see a photo if you have one on an FZ8. Thanks.

B

bren

SV to FZ8:
I don't want to distract from this thread for more than one post, but I hope to find some background and prior threads (maybe you posted?) on the history of your handle "SV to FZ8", assuming you owned a SV prior to your FZ8. I came very close to buying an SV650 naked 2008 or even the Gladius style in 2009, now SFV650 in 2013. Passed on that. I'm picking up my new FZ8 Tuesday but sort of tripping out on the width of the tank (bowlegged position of legs) on the FZ8 as compared to the narrow v-twins. Use to narrow bikes in general, but I went for the FZ8 anyhow. Will send you a PM on FZ8-forum. I plan to follow up with Sargent on the custom seat idea since Im in Norcal. Would be cool to see a photo if you have one on an FZ8. Thanks.

I used to own a 2008 Suzuki SV650 with the semi fairing around the headlight.

nice bike, easy to ride- but the FZ8 shits on it mate.

decooney

Anyone here by chance have a photo of a custom Sargent seat on their FZ8 yet?

I'm within a few hours drive of Corbin and Sargent either way, and based on the photos on the Sargent site, will probably follow up with Sargent next.

Last edited: