Condensation in Gauges?

FZ8Panda

Anyone else have condensation problems in their gauge cluster? I noticed mine with some very minimal condensation this summer when I would wash my bike. No problems what so ever though back then.

Now it's winter and the condensation in the gauges(Speedo & Tach) is pretty bad. I can read the speedo and tach fine but there is a considerable amount of moisture on the inside. Recently with the condensation, I have noticed my left screen go all crazy. The clock blinking by itself as if I was to change the time, MPH changing to KPH, and the last 2 times I had the screen go blank and show D1, nothing else. I think the first time the screen showed D1, the check engine light was on. The second time no check engine light. I'm not sure if my bike is really throwing a code or if all the condensation in there is making everything go haywire. :mad: Any recommendations as to fixing the condensation problem? Is it sealed from the factory or can I take it apart? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

pigdog

try using a hair dryer. or drill a small hole & again use a hair dryer. after condensation is gone seal the hole with a dab of clear glue. the gauge cluster does come apart & there's instructions with pics on how to remove & disassemble. do a search. good luck.

Last edited: