• Sometimes

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Never

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • You can do that?

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

HeresMyMind

I'm not here to debate wether its good or bad to clutchless upshift, just wondering who here does it?

Occasionally I will do 2-6th but I never do 1-2 because of the larger shift gap with N.

I tend to stick below 5k around town in 6th gear so all the shifts are super smooth without the clutch.

So anyways who else here does clutchless shifts?

-B

A_G

I do it up and down. But sometimes I use the clutch.

When I'm romping on it I'll dry shift up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned
I was not aware you could do it down...do you rev match when you do that? I do it only when racing...you..know...that nice straight in mexico;)...or when I'm lazy cruising with 1 hand and shift up

A_G

I was not aware you could do it down...do you rev match when you do that? I do it only when racing...you..know...that nice straight in mexico;)...or when I'm lazy cruising with 1 hand and shift up

You can shift up and down without a clutch on nearly every manual transmission the exact same way even.

Up shift is let off the throttle

Down you blip the throttle (or rev match is what's it's called) and down shift as the revs are coming back down from bliping it.

Down is hard to master, if it feels like your grinding your revs are wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Teslank

i do it everyday, it is easier when at full throttle at 11000rpm they get in without even trying to resist, in fact they just get in by themselves lol

Rotaryknight

I do clutchless up shifts all the time.
For me anyway it is smoother because there is no hesitation with the clutch use and I love the sound of the seamless transition of the engine :D You have to make sure you preload the lever for that extra freeplay it has to make it shift easy and smooth

I shift around 4krpm, any lower and it is pretty hard to make it go in comparably.

Wreckless

its safe to do it if you do it the right way.. just make sure that you put a little bit of pressure on the shifter..its called preloading, then make sure you release the throttle completely and the gear should slip right in.