Clutch plate swap... Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b-eock

So I went to make my tutorial for you guys along with doing it on my own, so I could save money. Now I've got two problems. The bike will roll in gear with slight pushing. And the clutch cable is too long now. I've adjusted it at both the adjuster at the handle bar and the one under the tank. And it can't take enough slack out of the cable. So does anyone have any idea? Other than that, I have it all done. When we figure this out, I can do that write up for you guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

b-eock

Here's what I did... Took off the clutch lever so the pressure plate was free. Then removed the clutch cable from the arm on the Crank cover. Then took that off. Then I removed the Pressure plate. Took out the plates until you get to the last 2. Then you have to remove the wire inside the clutch basket. And then removed the last two plates. Next I put the skinniest friction in, then a steel, then the wire, and then friction, steel... And so on. The last plate is a friction plate.then I put the new springs in and put the pressure plate back on. And got the crank cover on. I got the arrow and "dot" to line up (the clutch arm of the crank cover...). And then it still rolls in gear, and the cable is too long...

Marthy

Looking at the FZ8 manual p5-52 When you pull the clutch the shaft #1 turn and make the #2 push on the clutch. Soblet say you did everything right... whould it be possible that the shaft is 1 turn out? Pop the cover out and check if you can spin the shaft 1T so the pluger if closer to the clutch.

Not sure here... if all the clutch discs are in... cant be that off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

b-eock

When I get off work. I'll show some pics. All that is done. I aligned it all. And it still rolls in first gear. The hardest gear to push something in -___- The arrow and the "dot" (where they poked it with something to make and indentation) are aligned. So I'm not sure why this is so off.. :/

b-eock

I'll take the crank cover off when I get home. And the rolling. Does anyone have an idea on that? Sorry for freaking out. I get anxiety attacks when stuff doesn't go right... So if I sound harsh, I'm not trying to be... Thanks for trying to help guys!

Rotaryknight

how slight of a push are we talking about here? The bike will still move while in gear. Is it like a door closing push?

b-eock

Its not a hard push. Like a moving it push. It has slightly more resistance than not in gear. But not much...

b-eock

I did replace everything with a Genuine Yamaha Clutch Plate Kit. And I tried adjusting both the one on the handle bars and the one under the tank.

b-eock

So I found out why it was rolling while in gear. I didn't have the Pressure plate seated properly and plates were allowed to move. So all that I have left to find out, is why the cable is too long.

b-eock

Ok so I think the problem is the aligning of the arm on the Crank Case. I don't know how to align it properly. Do any of you? Like while putting the case cover back on, where should it be positioned?

Marthy

I can't get it to go back on right. F**k. Panic attack setting in...

Keep calm... don't start throwing wrenches! LOL I'm sure you just missed a little detail in putting it back together. My 6R is a bit different... have you check on the FZ1 side?

Status
Not open for further replies.