clutch adjustment question... and pic from todays ride.

cpatt

ok so ill start out with the boring stuff...and well the depressing stuff.... i think i burnt through my clutch.... i had to screw the cable adjuster all the way in to get home. but long story short i was trying to do a burn out next to an s2000 that was doing one and i let off the clutch all the way and the tire didnt spin at all... soooooo that being said is there something els i can adjust so the clutch is better lol.

ok soooo now to the fun stuff. they finaily opend the wachuset mountan mountain road and for 2$ me and my buddy ran up it with that guy in the s2000 lol and well it was a good ride and a great view. and they 2 yamahas did great. his is the 1980 xs1100 midnight special. mines the 2011 fz8.

DLSGAP

How many miles? How rough are you on the clutch? Oil used? How often changed?
Seems a bit soon, but it could be the clutch springs.

Side note: the pics of the two Yamahas, kinda reminds me of the "it was, it is" mustang commercials from like '94

V

Vapordan

You've been learning to practice burn outs for the last couple of months. That will do it.

cpatt

How many miles? How rough are you on the clutch? Oil used? How often changed?
Seems a bit soon, but it could be the clutch springs.

Side note: the pics of the two Yamahas, kinda reminds me of the "it was, it is" mustang commercials from like '94

well i think its at 7080 now. um i would have to say im rather rough on it... because i mean its a yamaha it normally can be able to take it.
im not sure on the oil what ever my dealer put in. and i havent changed it yet so i was gonna go every 5k miles.

do you no if theres any clutch adjustment in the tranny/engine some where? i no my buell had that in there.

oh and they rely are like the new and the old. that xs1100 runs so good thats what made me buy a yamaha. things like 32 years old or something and still runing like a champ.... oh well and my dad has one with a turbo strapped to the side of it and it takes the boost like a champ too.

Last edited:

cpatt

You've been learning to practice burn outs for the last couple of months. That will do it.

no learning. been doin them a while on multiple bikes. this is the first time i feel like i might have hurt something doing one. other than a tire.

oh but heres one of them lol i try to take pictures of all of the fun things i do

G Chase

Pillion
Decent ride...

I went up the Wachusett road about a week after it opened on MY FZ8. It was a beautiful day and on a Monday so had the place to myself and they weren't collecting the $2.00! What a bargain! A decent short ride for me from Westboro. Last time I was up there on a bike I was on my 73 850 Norton Roadster followed by a friend on a 73 Guzzi Eldorado. THOSE were the days. Yes I know... I'm dating myself.

cpatt

I went up the Wachusett road about a week after it opened on MY FZ8. It was a beautiful day and on a Monday so had the place to myself and they weren't collecting the $2.00! What a bargain! A decent short ride for me from Westboro. Last time I was up there on a bike I was on my 73 850 Norton Roadster followed by a friend on a 73 Guzzi Eldorado. THOSE were the days. Yes I know... I'm dating myself.

its a great road. we meat some guy in an s2000 that powerslid in to one of the pull off spots after seeing my buddy do a break stand. its a great road... rather short tho

still wondering about this clutch thing..... i no the clutch is a "ware item" so i no my warrente wont cover it. whats a clutch for one of these goin for right now? is it a big job?

kodoq88

How do i adjust the clutch when it start to go in gear, not the free play.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

9 Lives

The only adjustment on the clutch is the cable, the one by the clutch lever and there is another one under the tank. The only thing I can think of other than worn out clutch plates or week springs is the cable is binding somewhere and not letting the clutch fully engage. Check the arm down by the clutch and see if it is moving smoothly with the lever. There are also timing marks on the lever and shaft, check to see that they are aligned. If its not the cable then it has to be something inside the clutch itself, follow the manual closely if your going to attempt to repair it yourself.