Clip ons

DownhomeMoto

Anything is possible, if you throw enough money at it. Lol I don't think clip ons would be that hard. I think our forks are the normal USD size (47mm i think) so I would find a set of clip ons that size, from a R1 (witch forks fit our bike as well) and put them on. You would also have to change the front master cylinder to a remote res, I think it is 100 % do able with stock parts. Of coarse there are always after market options as well. And as for the unused bar clamps, one could remove them completely and plug the holes with push in plastic plugs. Or one could leave them there cut down an aluminium bar just wider then the clamps, plug the ends and use it as an accessories mounting bar....

As you can see I have not but any thought in to this one bit....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

impostor1981

Just bare in mind thant FZ 8 has already got quite a lot of its mass put to the front of the bike and putting clip ons wil give you very forward position what would increase front mass even more. It looks like when you seqt upright on our bike mas is distibuted close to 50/50 so that coild put it out of balance. But if you do ut let us know how the bike handles.

vigintitr3s

yes has anyone tried Clip ons because now im considering it and wanna know how it turned out?

totally doable. you have to adjust the position of a few things for clearance. I have em on my fz8. r6 clips flipped to the opposite sides and upside down. In a normal postion i think they bump the tank cover. I made a bracket to lower the headlight assembly closer to the front wheel. I also got a remote reservoir master cylinder from a salvage shop (off a zx9 i believe and it was in houston. they gave me nice deal cuz I paid cash). It all fits nicely for now. I would also recommend replacing you brake lines and clutch lines. I haven't yet but with out shorter lines managing the extra length is a pain. The end of the clutch line at the lever is rock solid and is just in the way. My setup is not finalized as I need to to those last two things yet but i will wait untill I can replace my front suspension and tear it all down. My fender does bump the headlight in extreme situations but only just. Hopefully stiffer susp will fix this. Also the sleeves in the top triple that line the holes for the factory risers will rust uncovered so paint those.

Im in Galveston. i also modified the rear suspension to raise the back end (i'm 6'5") and with the clips it has a nice forward aggressive stance. highly recommend doing it. I have a few pics in the gallery of when i did it last year. no closeups but you can get the idea.

Btw any good riding in TX? newish here.

vigintitr3s

I think you have to head inland some before finding anything hilly or curvy. Scanning google maps of anything near the coast and everything is just flat and straight. My work schedule is just too hellish for me to do too much exploring. Maybe we can set somethin up.

SilverSlugger00

I think you have to head inland some before finding anything hilly or curvy. Scanning google maps of anything near the coast and everything is just flat and straight. My work schedule is just too hellish for me to do too much exploring. Maybe we can set somethin up.

im down. Like I said need some riding seems all my friends are afraid to ride or get a bike. O well. PM me and I will give you my cell.