Chopped 2013 muffler

desertbound1024

I'm sure there is a thread on this, but today I decided to chop the muffler on my 2013 fz8. It turned out better than I thought and sounds great in my opinion. Very deep and no drone on the freeway, but still loud enough to be noticed. Also it looks much better than it originally did.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428185094.168195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428185103.308793.jpg
Sorry for the picture quality, iPhone camera is acting up
And for those wondering I chopped 4.5" off which got rid of the last block off plate/baffle

Lagi

I'm sure there is a thread on this, but today I decided to chop the muffler on my 2013 fz8. It turned out better than I thought and sounds great in my opinion. Very deep and no drone on the freeway, but still loud enough to be noticed. Also it looks much better than it originally did.
View attachment 5581View attachment 5582
Sorry for the picture quality, iPhone camera is acting up
And for those wondering I chopped 4.5" off which got rid of the last block off plate/baffle

Looks beautiful, really nice. Can you tell us how you did it?

desertbound1024

Looks beautiful, really nice. Can you tell us how you did it?

All you have to do is drill out the rivers that hold the end cap on. Pop the end cap off, measure back anywhere between 4.5-6" to keep all the other baffles, cut it (I used a chop saw), file down where you cut, slide end cap back on, drill out where the rivets go (3/16") and bam your done

TorontoAlex

All you have to do is drill out the rivers that hold the end cap on. Pop the end cap off, measure back anywhere between 4.5-6" to keep all the other baffles, cut it (I used a chop saw), file down where you cut, slide end cap back on, drill out where the rivets go (3/16") and bam your done

You slide the end cap back on, then drill out where the rivets go? How does the end cap stay on?