Canadian FZ8 Owner

FZ8Gamble

Hello All,

Figured I would introduce myself, I am the proud owner of a 2012 FZ8. Bought it this weekend with only 4200KM! Bike is mint, now all I need is some nice weather. I also own a 2014 Yamaha Bolt 950, I love that bike as well but wanted something for the twisty's. This bike will be my main commuter for back an forth to work for the riding season (about 68km one way) so I should be getting a lot of seat time in. I love the looks of this bike, it was a toss up between this and an FZ07. I think I made the better choice and love the sound of an Inline 4 vs. the FZ-07's twin. Anyways just bought the bike so haven't had time to do anything to the bike but I do have on order a Coffman Exhaust and integrated LED tail light/turn signals. Also gonna be buying some bar end mirror because well stock mirrors just don't look that great on a Street Fighter style bike (IMHO). Anyways if there is anyone on here local to Edmonton AB and surrounding area and wanna go for a ride, please don't hesitate to contact me this summer (I am always up for a ride, and this is my first FZ8 so I could always use some advice).

$_27.jpg$_27-2.jpg$_27-3.jpgFZ8 Bringing Home.jpg

Attachments

• 20150307_124916.jpg
    20150307_124916.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 40

Blackfin

Hello All,

Figured I would introduce myself, I am the proud owner of a 2012 FZ8. Bought it this weekend with only 4200KM! Bike is mint, now all I need is some nice weather.

Welcome from another Canuck.

I thought you guys out west were getting some decent weather and had been for some time. From what I've seen on the weather channel Calgary has basically no snow. Is it different in Edmonton?

FZ8Gamble

Well in front of my house it is a skating rink and the roads that are clear are covered in about 3/4" of peat gravel. I really don't want to chance it just yet. I almost bounced my head off of my trucks running boards this morning stepping out of my truck in front of my house lol. If I had a clear way to the highway I would definately take it for a rip. We have had pretty nice weather the last week (plus 10°C was the high yesterday) so if the weather holds I am hoping that within the next 2 weeks I can hit the highways.

9 Lives

Well in front of my house it is a skating rink and the roads that are clear are covered in about 3/4" of peat gravel. I really don't want to chance it just yet. I almost bounced my head off of my trucks running boards this morning stepping out of my truck in front of my house lol. If I had a clear way to the highway I would definately take it for a rip. We have had pretty nice weather the last week (plus 10°C was the high yesterday) so if the weather holds I am hoping that within the next 2 weeks I can hit the highways.

Went for a ride on Sunday, planing on going again this wknd if the forecast is accurate, 17c on Sunday. We can meet up somewhere if you want. I actually live in Morinville, just a few km from St Albert. The roads are fairly dry out here.

FZ8Gamble

I would love to meet up, I don't have insurance on my bike yet but I do have a Yamaha Bolt that is insured! Maybe we can still go for a ride but I definitely won't be able to keep up on my Bolt lol. I will see if I can leave work early on Friday and try and get some insurance on my bike.

9 Lives

I would love to meet up, I don't have insurance on my bike yet but I do have a Yamaha Bolt that is insured! Maybe we can still go for a ride but I definitely won't be able to keep up on my Bolt lol. I will see if I can leave work early on Friday and try and get some insurance on my bike.

Sounds good, let me know how it turns out.