Can you make it so headlight only comes on once engine is on?

Darksabre

Edit: never mind, I'm dumb... :eek:

Second edit: which of the 3 turn signal wires is the run (always on) power? I want to wire my halo light as soon as the key is turned to ON. Is that the best place to splice off of?

Last edited:

mundan101

Like the title says, is it possible to change the wiring so that the headlight doesnt come on until the bike is running? I'm going to switch to an HID retrofit, and would like the HID to only ignite once the bike is running, or would it try to ignite at the same time as the starter motor and put too much load on it?

On a side note, I want to turn the 120mm halo on as soon as the key is turned to ON. Where would I splice into for that?

I have a '13 fz8...It only turns on when the bike is running...However if I turn the ignition off, it still runs until i completely shut her down.

Darksabre

I have a '13 fz8...It only turns on when the bike is running...However if I turn the ignition off, it still runs until i completely shut her down.

Interesting, maybe I wasn't paying attention...I'll go check this out.

Edit - lol...i feel retarded now. Headlight definitely doesn't come on until it is running. Thanks man...

mundan101

Interesting, maybe I wasn't paying attention...I'll go check this out.

Edit - lol...i feel retarded now. Headlight definitely doesn't come on until it is running. Thanks man...

No worries, all here to help!

I just put a pair of morimoto HIDs in mine, looks great!.

The store is only 20 minutes from me so went down there and bought 'em.

Darksabre

No worries, all here to help!

I just put a pair of morimoto HIDs in mine, looks great!.

The store is only 20 minutes from me so went down there and bought 'em.

That's so awesome...I wish I lived close to them. I love seeing all their retrofits and new goodies that come in.

Wait, you fit TWO in your headlight housing? Pics??!!

HeresMyMind

I used one of the bullet connectors that goto the running lights for the blinkers, i believe they are BLUE wires

-B