bmw

black8

Well guy`s im thinking of trading my fz8 for 1 of these,has anyone ridden 1 anyone know of any problems with these

chefwill

a lot of my friends just recently purchased bmw s1 and their absolutely awesome bikes. not too sure about this 1300 but its seem like a beast .

Tango59

My riding buddy is hardcore BMW and has a couple of BMWs. The "K bikes" have an awesome engine, good suspension and handle pretty well. The downside is that when you need parts or service.... you're gonna pay out the wazzoo. Do yourself a favor and lookup parts for things like driveshaft, hub assemblies, ABS parts, etc..... My buddy had to have a clutch at 30k miles and it cost him over a grand cause they had to tear down the crankcase.

black8

Yeah the more i look into this its getting more and more expensive might just go with my second option of what i had before

FZ8.UK

Funny thing

Is i have been looking at these to, this is the best colour me thinks,

i also have a mate who only buys BMW he had 3 of these in 12/1300 model,, handles a dream when u get used to them, go like stink,

only thing puts me off, is dealer labour cost and parts prices,

didn't bother my mate as he never kept them long enough to have the tyres changed,

go test it mister, but beware the 8 will seem like a moped.

glen

Blinkgold311

Yeah, my neighbor has one... It is ridiculously fast. Get a LOT of life insurance. I pulled a wheelie with it in 3rd gear and I didn't even try. Really spendy, but awesome bike. Oh! and it's a crotch rocket, so your back and neck get soar after about 10 minutes.

cxa0897

The guy who taught my msf course had that k1300, he liked it a lot. he put some saddlebags on it and does everything from track days to daily driving to light touring on it. probably not the most comfortable ride out there, but it is a mean bike

black8

Believe it or not BMW was the second most unreliable bike on the market. The worst was still Harley. Yamaha was the most reliable followed by Kawasaki. Honda wasn't in the top 5. Hard to believe I know.Most Reliable Motorcycles - Consumer Reports

You need to register to read the whole thing

Im hearing really bad and very expensive things that go wrong with the bm`s,so ive booked a test ride on sunday on both vfr 1200`s 1 with a clutch the other a duel clutch auto box no lever just twist and go,so that should be fun